Anyone running the NEW Nitto RIDGE Grappler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few pics that i took this morning, no rubbing but pretty close on the right rear. I have more pics but this pretty much tells the story. Tires are excellent so far now just need some snow to really put them to the test, won't be long living here in CO.

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

Hello All, - I am a new member here and looking very forward to sharing ~ although for starters I have a question regarding wheels and tires I'm considering for my '93 FJZ80 . . I'm hoping the 2007 - 2014 TRD 16" Bead Lock Rims coupled with Nitto Trail Grappler 315/75/16's will mate nicely with my 2.5" OME lift? Seems everything I've read the bore and lug configuration is compatible. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

I've had mine for over a month now, and I'm extremely happy with them. I've recently had Duratracs, Toyo AT2s, and KO2s, and these are the smoothest and quietest of the bunch. I will be taking them to Moab in 2 weeks to test them out, and I haven't had them in snow since the winter has been basically nonexistent in Denver this year. My size of 285/75/17 is basically 34"x11" which I think is perfect for an LC.

Hello All, - I am a new member here and looking very forward to sharing ~ although for starters I have a question regarding wheels and tires I'm considering for my '93 FJZ80 . . I'm hoping the 2007 - 2014 TRD 16" Bead Lock Rims coupled with Nitto Trail Grappler 315/75/16's will mate nicely with my 2.5" OME lift? Seems everything I've read the bore and lug configuration is compatible. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

They will fit fine. You will loose power enough that if you are in hills a lot, plan on re-gearing to something like 4:88's. Other stuff like extending bump stops.

I love this size tire though.

Enjoy

Great reviews - still wondering about snow performance. Any of you colorado guys have experience last winter?

Great reviews - still wondering about snow performance. Any of you colorado guys have experience last winter?

It's been awhile but from what I can remember I thought they performed OK. I felt my duratracs did a much better job in the snow. I will have a much better review with this winter season coming up. I caught the tail end of it last year.

Last edited:
Thanks- they look promising (for a non-snow tire) but I'm worried there's not enough siping. That matters a lot in New England with wildly varying snow and ice conditions.

Installed 285/75-17's 10ply E's last week. Switched from 285/70-17 BFG KO2's 10ply E's. Not much louder, but the ride is MUCH smoother. It's very strange, I can't explaine why. Maybe the added 1/2" of side wall?

Have a 4 day trip planned in the Zion area in 2 weeks. Plan on giving them a good throttling in the desert.

20170907_143349.jpg

Any update on the noise of these tires as they get some mileage?

@ntsaint how many miles do you have? How does the noise compare to your last set?

@ntsaint how many miles do you have? How does the noise compare to your last set?

I prob have 8k or so on mine. Wearing great, i would compare noise to BFGs. Not bad at all. I did have to get them road force balanced but other than that all good.

I have a little over 10k on mine and they have been a solid tire so far. I've kept up with the rotations and would agree with ntsaint, the noise level is about the same as BFGs. My smaller duratracs that I had on before were much louder then these guys. I drive 30 miles to work which is in Boulder and the snow performance has been great so far. I think on my next set i will switch from 295/70 to the new 285/75 size.

Here are a few pics that i took this morning, no rubbing but pretty close on the right rear. I have more pics but this pretty much tells the story. Tires are excellent so far now just need some snow to really put them to the test, won't be long living here in CO.

View attachment 1395489

View attachment 1395490

View attachment 1395492

View attachment 1395494

View attachment 1395496
What's your long term review on these? We just purchased a set for a tundra at work and they look great and are quiet. Thinking of a set for my 80. Thanks.

What's your long term review on these? We just purchased a set for a tundra at work and they look great and are quiet. Thinking of a set for my 80. Thanks.

@Jgrauman I put a set of Ridge Grap's on my 2016 Tundra. I made the mistake of running them way too long before the first rotation...bad me! They started to make some noise. Not terrible but noticeably different than when new. Rotate them on an "often" schedule. These Nitto's replaced the skinny factory slicks so anything was going to feel a lot different. I still like them.

so the overall consensus here is that these do infact drive like an all-terrain tire despite the seemingly more aggressive side wall and hybrid tread pattern?

The only question remains is ride quality degradation after 30-40k. Thoughts?

I am very excited about my 31x10.50x15 to 255x80x17 upgrade soon! the damn cooper A/Ts will not wear out but I may just say the hell with them soon

so the overall consensus here is that these do infact drive like an all-terrain tire despite the seemingly more aggressive side wall and hybrid tread pattern?

The only question remains is ride quality degradation after 30-40k. Thoughts?

I am very excited about my 31x10.50x15 to 255x80x17 upgrade soon! the damn cooper A/Ts will not wear out but I may just say the hell with them soon
I'm running them on my sequoia, 285x70x17. About 5k and Iove them, very quiet and smooth. Stick to rocks well too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom