Anyone running Method 703's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good!

Last edited:
Just broke down and ordered the 703's with 35mm offset. 285/75r17 Toyo AT3 with a Cooper 275/70r18 spare. Should get them installed next week when I get back from California 🤙 just in time for my hiking trip to Colorado. Finally use this thing to do something other than drive my retired parents to church on Sundays lol.

Now to research the hole size I'll need to drill in the front center caps to make them work.

I did it for my 100 series and used a stepped bit which worked great. Just go slow with the bit. I don't think you want to run odd sized wheels & tires even as a spare. Definitely post up a pic after you get them mounted, I'm really interested to see how they look.

Will do. I pretty much decided I don't do anything crazy with this thing anyway. More less a parking lot princess when I am home, so might as well look cool and just air down the opposite tire 1/2" if I absolutely have to run it and see what happens. It will be a better setup than the current 2005 model spare that is under it now on a 1000mi, 100 degree road trip across West Texas that's for sure.

New wheels and tires. 17" Method 703 35mm Offset, 285/75r17 Toyo ATIII. I also replaced the 865's with some 866's for grins. So far they ride about the same from what I can tell and still haven't settled in the pics. Right now I am just waiting on the correct lug nuts, but that's another story. They tuck nicely. I hammered the pinch weld, coated it in undercoating and then remolded the plastic with a heat gun and there is zero rubbing. I'll drill the front center caps and install them at some point. I did the spare tire mod a while back, so my spare is tucked up pretty nice. The space is definitely at capacity though.
IMG_2843.jpg

View attachment 3051810View attachment 3051811
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg

New wheels and tires. 17" Method 703 35mm Offset, 285/75r17 Toyo ATIII. I also replaced the 865's with some 866's for grins. So far they ride about the same from what I can tell and still haven't settled in the pics. Right now I am just waiting on the correct lug nuts, but that's another story. They tuck nicely. I hammered the pinch weld, coated it in undercoating and then remolded the plastic with a heat gun and there is zero rubbing. I'll drill the front center caps and install them at some point. I did the spare tire mod a while back, so my spare is tucked up pretty nice. The space is definitely at capacity though.

Did you go E load? Leaning towards this exact setup on the next round. But they also make the ATIII in a 35x11.5x17, decisions....

Did you go E load? Leaning towards this exact setup on the next round. But they also make the ATIII in a 35x11.5x17, decisions....
Yes sir. Pretty impressed with how quiet they are actually. Good luck!

705 titanium 17" +35

This is an old 285 70 17 mounted just to check clearance. It does fit in spare location easily.
I really want to order new 285 75 17 Toyo AT3s. Haven't pulled the trigger on those yet.

View attachment 3052154

View attachment 3052155
Wow I love those 705’s! They look sick. Excited to see it all put together.
I really like those 705's. I bought the 703's awhile back, at the time they were the highest offset (35mm) I could find.

I thought I might experiment with these center caps for the 703s: Gorilla Automotive HC202STBC Gorilla Hub Covers | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-hc202stbc
Anybody else try them? I won't have my truck back for another week so I won't be able to do anything before then.

You could try if @BenCC could create center caps or if the ones he’s already made for Method NVs fit: Builds - Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/post-13106865

As promised, the 703’s came in, mounted a sweetheart deal Kumho MT71’s at 295/70/17. There is occasional rubbing I will need to massage on the very bottom tip of the front bumper on the front fender wells. So far so good, and personally I think they look fantastic.

View attachment 2860303

View attachment 2860304

View attachment 2860305

View attachment 2860306

View attachment 2860307

View attachment 2860308

View attachment 2860309

View attachment 2860310

View attachment 2860311
Bringing this back.
Can you provide any long term review on the Kumho's? Im considering these guys as my Firestone's are about 50% gone.

Thanks

Bringing this back.
Can you provide any long term review on the Kumho's? Im considering these guys as my Firestone's are about 50% gone.

Thanks
I think they are a great option for those wanting MT performance at very reasonable cost (at least when I purchased them). Great mud performance, pretty decent wet weather and dry road performance as well. They are getting maybe slightly louder as they are driving windows down but certainly nothing unbearable, and I’d say quite a bit better than the older generation MTs I’ve heard and driven in the past.

Another from the dead bump.

Can anyone with 703s tell me why Method says they don’t fit? I emailed them and called them but both times they tell me the 701 fits and the 703 doesn’t despite the same hub bore size.

I just don’t want to order them if there’s some issue.

Thanks!

Interesting. I just checked out their website and saw the same thing. I honestly can't remember if they showed them fitting when I bought mine or not. I can't imagine they wouldn't if there hasn't been a design change in the last year. Sorry, I know this wasn't really any help.

Can anyone with 703s tell me why Method says they don’t fit? I emailed them and called them but both times they tell me the 701 fits and the 703 doesn’t despite the same hub bore size.

Thanks!
I just drove home on them from work tonight, they definitely still fit! I don’t remember if I looked them on the vehicle application or just searched by lug pattern.

I just drove home on them from work tonight, they definitely still fit! I don’t remember if I looked them on the vehicle application or just searched by lug pattern.
Appreciate that. I wonder why they don’t adjust their database. Maybe I’ll send them a picture of our rigs and tell them they clearly work.

Thanks!
Sorry, realize this a few months old. 703's fit. The center cap on the front doesn't though, maybe that's why they took it off. @BenCC is making some center caps though (Builds - Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benjamins-3d-prints-build.1171700/post-15064018).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom