Anyone running 295/70/18 Nitto Recon Grappler yet? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was clearance better with the Revo than the Recon, due to the Revo not having that knobby of shoulder?

Would love to see pics!
Not having the large squared off shoulders allows for a better fit.

888415E3-E5BA-4409-B605-02B9F876FEB7.jpeg

7E7C1121-08DC-4133-A830-9B3558DCB56D.jpeg

14BE52CD-A54B-41BA-B9BC-FEDFB41D6E46.jpeg

98AB4D5F-EDC4-4010-857A-D681E5362D13.jpeg

A386D734-F3C6-4C08-9DAA-97C7A8703AD6.jpeg

I've run Revo's on our previous Sequoia and 4Runner, mostly driven by my wife around town and me for extended trips. Very impressed with them overall in a variety of conditions and we got a lot of miles out of them.
I'm considering them for my LC when my Ridge Grapplers are done. I made the mistake of not rotating/balancing them on time and I'm paying the price now, they're super loud. My wife and son took the LC the other night and the first thing they mentioned when they got back was how loud the tires were.
You need to rotate all tires but these heavy LT tires, make it a priority!

I've run Revo's on our previous Sequoia and 4Runner, mostly driven by my wife around town and me for extended trips. Very impressed with them overall in a variety of conditions and we got a lot of miles out of them.
I'm considering them for my LC when my Ridge Grapplers are done. I made the mistake of not rotating/balancing them on time and I'm paying the price now, they're super loud. My wife and son took the LC the other night and the first thing they mentioned when they got back was how loud the tires were.
You need to rotate all tires but these heavy LT tires, make it a priority!
Absolutely agree, I rotate my tires every 5k on any of my vehicles. The Ridge Grapplers I have aren’t that noisy, probably thanks to rotating often but they sure looked good. I think the Recons look a little better and are a little less aggressive making them more enjoyable on the road but are definitely a true A/T making them a top choice for those who venture into rocky terrain so long as they are the LT version.

1Maverick,
Are you modified at all? I though we couldn’t got bigger than 34” without some work. But hopefully I think wrong on this subject!
Yes, I have 1.25” spacers, removed the front mud flaps and an alignment done but nothing aggressive. I also had a 1/4” turn stop welded in but now I don’t think it wasn’t necessary. I’ll leave alone because I haven’t noticed any turning radius change. Besides that, I didn’t do any sort of trimming. My previous Recons were the same size but because of the large shoulders on those, they did rub the sway bar.

Yes, I have 1.25” spacers, removed the front mud flaps and an alignment done but nothing aggressive. I also had a 1/4” turn stop welded in but now I don’t think it wasn’t necessary. I’ll leave alone because I haven’t noticed any turning radius change. Besides that, I didn’t do any sort of trimming. My previous Recons were the same size but because of the large shoulders on those, they did rub the sway bar.
I'd love to see the bump stop weld, I always thought this is much better than a KDDS relo

I'd love to see the bump stop weld, I always thought this is much better than a KDDS relo
He used a 1/4” piece of stainless metal and welded it in the half moon shaped steering stop.

01F8D7F4-0B0B-433A-9891-3B9284BC66A9.jpeg

Well they “were” great but had a couple flaws I could have lived with but since Discount tire allows buy try and return, that’s exactly what I did. The Recon in SL load were very comfortable on the highway and around town. They made speed bumps and broken pavement a non-event. However, they do tend to feel a little squishy around corners and the biggest issue was the droning sound between 54-68mph. I could have lived with them because they were very silent otherwise. I took the truck back and had them switch out the Recons for a set of 295/70r18 Revo3 to try a couple days ago. They looked pretty decent, not the same “cool’ factor as the Recons but boy am I a happy camper now. These Revos are absolutely amazing! Why the heck did I not install these on my last 200. The Revo3 tracks well, very stable at 80mph, quiet and simply invisible on the road. The tire is very comfortable tire as well. If this continues for the next 30k miles, I’ll never buy another tire. Another note, we had rain and the roads might as well been dry. They are new of course, so time will tell how well they continue to be.

Sup man, Im curious, on the squishy 295/70r18 recon grapplers what pressure were you running?

Sup man, Im curious, on the squishy 295/70r18 recon grapplers what pressure were you running?
They were a little squishy if you pushed the corners but I was overall thrilled with them. Psi was around 38 if I recall

Was clearance better with the Revo than the Recon, due to the Revo not having that knobby of shoulder?

Would love to see pics!
Sorry, not the best pics but maybe try to zoom in.

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3824.jpeg

They were a little squishy if you pushed the corners but I was overall thrilled with them. Psi was around 38 if I recall
Oh man, you stated your tire pressure….

Incoming….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom