Anyone run a 1Up USA hitch rack with a rear swing out? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the Wilco Hitch Swing and 1UP. The combo winds up pretty high, especially for a middle-aged fat man loading a 70lb ebike! The receiver end of the Wilco is tilted slightly upward which adds to the ultimate height of the rack - Bumps it up high enough that I can't park the combo in my garage.
20210905_111111.jpg

Used the bike for a dove hunt/dog run this morning. Since I could put the dogs up front and really didn't need access to the bed, I opted to leave the swingout home for easier load/unload . I can park in the garage with just the 1UP.

Butt

On another note....

Anyone have trouble with the 1UP anti-wobble/security mechanism loosening up on rough road? This morning's trip was the maiden one for my 1UP. I drove 25 highway minutes to a dirt road, then 2.5 slow miles on dirt to a trailhead. I drive pretty conservatively but I experienced the rack coming loose after the very short drive on dirt. The rack was loose enough to easily pull it out of my hitch receiver.

I torqued the rack down hard again and went on my ride. I loaded back up after my ride for the drive home. On the way out I stopped where dirt meets pavement to check on the rack. It was already coming loose again. That was 2.5 miles of dirt road driven very slowly. I tightened up once more and continued home. It had no issue with the highway miles between there and home and the rack remained snug.

Is there a trick I'm missing to keep the rack secure in the hitch? I hope I'm just missing something simple.

Butt

dream setups from the gram (not mine unfortunately)
View attachment 2498741View attachment 2498742View attachment 2498743View attachment 2498744View attachment 2498745

I’m still debating the 1up vs. the Kuat NV 2. All our bikes have fenders so will probably end up with the Kuat. Otherwise it’d be 1up all the way.

I’ve also considered these racks from Australia. They have a bunch of options to accommodate how your truck is setup. Apparently you can get them shipped to the US for a competitive price. I don’t like that they aren’t super secure from theft and that you can’t pivot them up when you don’t have bikes on it. Maybe you can and I just can’t tell—there website is a bit confusing.

I ended up going with a 1up. No rear bumper yet though.

57F8465E-4AFB-4E71-A7BD-EFDE2E472B0F.jpeg
02F2DC3B-8B13-458E-A1D1-B75DEB3F7AB5.jpeg

Where do I get one of those "Not In A Hurry" stickers, LOL. @NearJetties

I ended up getting a dual swing out rear bumper from 4X4 Labs and had Luke weld on an additional hitch receiver on top of one of the swing out arms. Dual Swing out and my 1 Up rack work really well together.

Where do I get one of those "Not In A Hurry" stickers, LOL. @NearJetties

I ended up getting a dual swing out rear bumper from 4X4 Labs and had Luke weld on an additional hitch receiver on top of one of the swing out arms. Dual Swing out and my 1 Up rack work really well together.

Lol. It’s from W Durable Goods. They don’t seem to have them on their site anymore. They also have a instagram page— might be worth a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom