Anyone paint a 2016+ Amazon green? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For 2022 they brought Nori Green to the GX as well on a special trim called the Black Line; it's such an amazing color. My buddy bought one for his wife and it was my first time seeing Nori in person; makes me resent Toyota a bit for getting rid of the fun colors. If they had offered Nori or Amazon on the 21's it would have been first choice easily. If for some reason I ever decide to wrap my vehicle years down the line something like one of those colors is the front runner

LpelCF5h.jpg

That is beautiful…

Then I stand corrected. I guess Pirate Mica was the green paint code offered in the early run 460s, before the later transition to Nori. Very cool.

I think it’s a shame Toyota missed the opportunity to offer the 2021 Land Cruiser HE in green. Hell, they could have dropped black, white, and silver altogether and only offered the 2021 in green; the enthusiast community - who I would venture to say were the prime market for the HE - would have cut backflips to snag one before production end.

That is beautiful…

Then I stand corrected. I guess Pirate Mica was the green paint code offered in the early run 460s, before the later transition to Nori. Very cool.

I think it’s a shame Toyota missed the opportunity to offer the 2021 Land Cruiser HE in green. Hell, they could have dropped black, white, and silver altogether and only offered the 2021 in green; the enthusiast community - who I would venture to say were the prime market for the HE - would have cut backflips to snag one before production end.

Yeah great point. I’ve always said the HE was a low effort joke. Begged for that green too.

That is beautiful…

4E76F44D-86E5-444E-BAC1-C9D4A4C59C50.jpeg

I wish they offered the HE in green, had to wrap mine but then I had to paint all the chrome.

66B45ADC-A206-4033-A8BA-CFC7E2B6E529.jpeg

My cousin recently pulled the trigger on a Nori Green ‘22 and it’s very pretty. Not the best picture (obviously) but it’s amazing how much the color changes in the light, a lot of gold and yellow come out. I would personally prefer something more like Amazon Green I think, Nori can appear very light

The neighborhood my old fire station was in had probably a half dozen HE's, and only one had AT's on it. I think far more of these were sold to non enthusiasts.

Either way.. if they could make it look good, "heritage" would have done well with something throwing back to a white top with other body colors. Or even the sand color used on the TRD Pro models..

But I agree the dealers would have pushed for black/white/silver only.

The neighborhood my old fire station was in had probably a half dozen HE's, and only one had AT's on it. I think far more of these were sold to non enthusiasts.

Either way.. if they could make it look good, "heritage" would have done well with something throwing back to a white top with other body colors. Or even the sand color used on the TRD Pro models..

But I agree the dealers would have pushed for black/white/silver only.

Maybe you’re right. No kidding, six in one neighborhood. That’s wild given the low production volume. I’m lucky if I see another 200 all week, or any Land Cruiser for that matter. I think I saw four 200s over the holidays, and that was about 16 hours of highway driving on both I-95 and I-40.

I actually saw my first Nori Green 460 today in a parking lot. Lucky timing given the relevance of this thread. It looked great in person.

Maybe you’re right. No kidding, six in one neighborhood. That’s wild given the low production volume. I’m lucky if I see another 200 all week, or any Land Cruiser for that matter. I think I saw four 200s over the holidays, and that was about 16 hours of highway driving on both I-95 and I-40.

I actually saw my first Nori Green 460 today in a parking lot. Lucky timing given the relevance of this thread. It looked great in person.
This is the "stealth wealth" side of austin. If we include non-HE and older LX's (mostly driven by kids) there might be two dozen in the area.

Not even in that neighborhood, on a simple 2-hour motorcycle ride this morning I saw 4 200s. No HE's, though. 4 in one morning is more than normal.. I blame visibility while being out on the bike.

I live in Round Rock just north of Austin. In my sub division a small part of the larger hoa community we have my 200, 100, 2 460s and 570. We also have couple of Sequoias. Just as many BMW X and Audi Q and all model of Land Rover mixed with Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditons, Wagoner. My neighbor 2 doors down has JDM HiAce 4door 4x4 truck that thing is too cool.

That is beautiful…

I think it’s a shame Toyota missed the opportunity to offer the 2021 Land Cruiser HE in green. Hell, they could have dropped black, white, and silver altogether and only offered the 2021 in green; the enthusiast community - who I would venture to say were the prime market for the HE - would have cut backflips to snag one before production en
The bulk of land cruiser original owners are not enthusiasts and lean toward conservative tastes. White, black silver and gray make up over 80 % of car/ truck colors for the USA market. Toyota knows this, hence the color offerings for the 200. A ton of 200s and LXs here in the Denver metro area. Don’t ever recall seeing a green LX. Must be a special order color.

The bulk of land cruiser original owners are not enthusiasts and lean toward conservative tastes. White, black silver and gray make up over 80 % of car/ truck colors for the USA market. Toyota knows this, hence the color offerings for the 200. A ton of 200s and LXs here in the Denver metro area. Don’t ever recall seeing a green LX. Must be a special order color.

I agree with everything in your post.

I was referencing the HE, not the base model. IMO, Toyota targeted the Toyota/Land Cruiser enthusiast demographic with the HE. An enthusiast is more likely to pay a surcharge for a vehicle that (beyond badges, bronze wheels, and smoked chrome) has no running boards, no coolbox, fewer seats (yes, I know third rows were an option at the end of the model run), etc.

What I’m stating in that post is that IMO a throwback Amazon Green HE option would have been very popular with the kind of customer that is willing to fork over extra coin for even more low volume, collectible version of the 200. Toyota has done this before - the Second Gen Tacoma late run TRD Pros in Inferno (an orange metallic) comes to mind; they were a hit with their target market.

Last edited:

You say that but in Houston I was buddies with a lot of BMW, Porsche Audi dealers. Grandmas getting laguna seca blue x6m to get to the early bird at Lubys was a common occurrence. Blew my mind actually as I loved that car at the time lol (still do).

I think Toyota is a bit more conservative here than the client but they do splurge on TRD trims. I LOVE the cement grey or whatever personally but they’ve had oranges, greens, desert tans, blues you name it. Same for the new tundra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom