Anyone know this part name or number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello.

I've been thumbing through the parts catalogs on various sites (including Lexus) and can't seem to find this part.

In my picture, it's broken. It should include a rubber "bumper" that sticks out about 1" beyond this metal plate. But, that was sheared off when loading up a new BBQ grill. :)

Hoping to order a replacement if I can ever figure out what to call it or a number to look up.

PS: Nice to "meet" everyone here. First time poster. Long time lurker with no account. Long time and huge LX/Cruiser fan in San Diego.

2000_lx470_seat_bumper.jpg

Hm. I can't be the only one that this has happened to...

I tried calling Lexus. First one had to guess the part number. They "think" 79393 but could not confirm.

Second place said that it's not made any more. But, they didn't really get that from first-hand knowledge. They just looked at the same catalog that we did and couldn't find it. So, that's not certain either...

Is there a third-party replacement anyone knows about?

I think that's the 3rd row? Can't tell from your pic. Also helps to put the year of your truck and LC/LX in your sig. MIght be this:

View attachment 3195110

Thank you. It's a 2000 LX470 (added to my signature).

Yes. It's the third row. That is the same part the first dealership I called thought it might be. But, they couldn't confirm. It's not too expensive. So, I suppose I could just roll the dice and order it to find out. I was just hoping to get something more definite before ordering...

Here's a picture of the part that got sheered off. It's hard to tell by the diagram if that's it. The diagram is almost more of a symbol?

20221215_160659.jpg

For that particular part, I'd make it. Call a buddy with a 3d printer or whittle it from some hard rubber. I can just imagine the goose chase you could end up on looking for such a miniscule part from the dealers. It wouldn't be a surprise if they don't sell it apart from a whole seat assembly.

Or a junk yard. Or upholstery shop. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom