Anyone know the dashbox guy in SanJose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Nov 1, 2003
Threads
23
Messages
160
I bought a dashbox from a guy in San Jose, CA (I think) about a year ago. I can't find any information on how to contact him. I want to order another one.
Thanks for any input.
Steve
 
What does he do/provide? Might I want one? Always look to pour money in my pit!
 
Just 40 series dashboxes AFAIK. I think he also makes overhead shelves for 40's but I'm not sure if he makes 55 stuff. Ask, it doesn't hurt.

Dave
 
:'( Once again, getting left out. I'll bounce :beer: :beer: :beer: with a little help :beer:
 
Now you need an FJ40, too, Dan. Tell your wife she's getting a "new car"! :D
 
Check out Specter, I'm seeing a lot of repro 55 stuff there now.

Dave
 
does anybody know if one of these things'll work with a metaltech front profile cage? I've been trying to figure some things out and want to *possibly* go this route. Thanks for the help
 
I have one of his dash box's. Good quality, easy install. The only drag is you have to lock the box so it won't bounce open. Nothing a simple hasp won't fix though. Quick shipper.
 
???

I thought that it came with a lock? Sort of like a tuffy console set up. Am I thinking wrong?
 
how much room is in one of these things? Could you stuff a sweatshirt into it with some effort? What do you guys usually keep in yours? Just trying to think of what I could do with it if I decided to buy one...
 
Vortec -

Is that a fule mixture control off of a Cessna 172 or something? If so, what is it used for? Hand throttle?
 
Landcruisersteve said:
Vortec -

Is that a fule mixture control off of a Cessna 172 or something? If so, what is it used for? Hand throttle?
I'm not sure of the original application, but I did get it at Aircraft Spruce to use as a hand throttle. It's connected to the cruise control connection on the throttle body.
 
76BigheadFJ40 said:
how much room is in one of these things? Could you stuff a sweatshirt into it with some effort? What do you guys usually keep in yours? Just trying to think of what I could do with it if I decided to buy one...
It might be a little hard getting a sweatshirt in there (maybe a medium size), since it's trapezoidal-shaped - it gets smaller at the bottom. I store a few odd hand tools that I frequently use, tire deflators & gauge, winch control, registration, sunglasses, etc.
 
Vortec_Cruiser said:
but I did get it at Aircraft Spruce to use as a hand throttle. It's connected to the cruise control connection on the throttle body.


Love it!! Now I'm going to steal your idea for an old airplane mixture control that I've got laying around. Thanks, Vortec!! :cheers:
 
The Vernier? ones off old inboards work well, too. Screw them out and you can just push them back in. Not sure how the aircraft ones work, can you explain?
I'll bet it is similar.

Ed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom