Anyone know the dashbox guy in SanJose? (1 Viewer)

I bought a dashbox from a guy in San Jose, CA (I think) about a year ago. I can't find any information on how to contact him. I want to order another one.
Thanks for any input.
Steve

Just 40 series dashboxes AFAIK. I think he also makes overhead shelves for 40's but I'm not sure if he makes 55 stuff. Ask, it doesn't hurt.

Dave

Check out Specter, I'm seeing a lot of repro 55 stuff there now.

Dave

does anybody know if one of these things'll work with a metaltech front profile cage? I've been trying to figure some things out and want to *possibly* go this route. Thanks for the help

I have one of his dash box's. Good quality, easy install. The only drag is you have to lock the box so it won't bounce open. Nothing a simple hasp won't fix though. Quick shipper.

It does have a lock, but not a self-latching mechanism. I've had my Dash Box for quite a few years, and think it's the best thing you can do to that useless dash pad.

how much room is in one of these things? Could you stuff a sweatshirt into it with some effort? What do you guys usually keep in yours? Just trying to think of what I could do with it if I decided to buy one...

Landcruisersteve said:
Vortec -

Is that a fule mixture control off of a Cessna 172 or something? If so, what is it used for? Hand throttle?
I'm not sure of the original application, but I did get it at Aircraft Spruce to use as a hand throttle. It's connected to the cruise control connection on the throttle body.

76BigheadFJ40 said:
how much room is in one of these things? Could you stuff a sweatshirt into it with some effort? What do you guys usually keep in yours? Just trying to think of what I could do with it if I decided to buy one...
It might be a little hard getting a sweatshirt in there (maybe a medium size), since it's trapezoidal-shaped - it gets smaller at the bottom. I store a few odd hand tools that I frequently use, tire deflators & gauge, winch control, registration, sunglasses, etc.

Vortec_Cruiser said:
but I did get it at Aircraft Spruce to use as a hand throttle. It's connected to the cruise control connection on the throttle body.

Love it!! Now I'm going to steal your idea for an old airplane mixture control that I've got laying around. Thanks, Vortec!! :cheers:

The Vernier? ones off old inboards work well, too. Screw them out and you can just push them back in. Not sure how the aircraft ones work, can you explain?
I'll bet it is similar.

Ed

Actually, the same. Screw it out and in for fine adjustment, or push the button for the same, but course adjustment. It really works well. I paid $50 new at Aircraft Spruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom