Anyone install the factory roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i'm looking to add the factory roof rack to me FJ and was wanting to know if anyone has installed one and what was involved in the install.

Unless you really want that factory roof rack you should hold out for awhile, the after market roof racks may be more appealing to you.

Go here and plug in the FJ
http://www.trdsource.com/

Can not link you directly, it is JAVA driven.

THey do not list the rack now, but they did before.
They use to have a PDF file up on how to install the rack.
Maybe I can find it...
Please stand by :D

Found it!
http://trdsource.com/Pictures/Roof%20Rack.pdf

Very simple to install.

I have been in contact too with Yakima to make mounts that go in the stock 6 holes in the roof so their racks like the Load Warrior I have on my 4Runner will work with the FJ.
I would rather use it than the factory rack.

SilverFJ said:
i'm looking to add the factory roof rack to me FJ and was wanting to know if anyone has installed one and what was involved in the install.
Here are the installation instructions for the Roof Rack, which were provided to me by TRDSource. It's pretty straightforward and fairly simple to do.

There are, obviously - if you read some of the latest threads here, other choices coming out for racks. It appears that the Gobi rack will mount in the same way (and will have the roof lights ... which, along with the air dam, aren't on the latest list of options Toyota will be offering for the FJC:mad:)

check out the Gobi roof racks

They look great, have an optional rear ladder which looks pretty cool and is probably functional. Also, they come in two profiles and can have integral floods.

I dont have the website andy, but Google Gobi roof racks and I am sure you will find it.

I installed the roof rack on my fj. All it takes is a flat screwdriver to pop the caps covering mounting locations on roof. Then you screw it down with an allen wrench.

ive got 2 fj roof racks for sale any one interested may pm me . one is on my fj the other in a box never opened .

how much is toyota charging for the factory roof racks as an accessory/post vehicle sale add-on?

inthewall said:
I installed the roof rack on my fj. All it takes is a flat screwdriver to pop the caps covering mounting locations on roof. Then you screw it down with an allen wrench.
I just plowed through the five page PDF referenced a few post before this. The only thing you missed is remove the bolts (duh), the mastic washer installation and the torque spec. (18.0 N-m, 160 lbf-in).

And the SST, evetently a flat blade NYLON screwdriver.

After Sale cost of OEM roof rack

shiloh687 said:
how much is toyota charging for the factory roof racks as an accessory/post vehicle sale add-on?

Received quote of $599 + $180 installation from local dealer in CA

Someone's already made adapters for yakima towers. I'll wait till a few of those are out and use my Yak gear.

Mapleton Cruiser, do you still happen to have a roof rack for sale? tried pm but your box is full. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom