GOBI Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have not seen this yet, check out www.gobitoyota.com

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3920

Flat-Frt.jpg

Flat-Rear.jpg

Stealth-Frt.jpg

Stealth-Rear.jpg

very nice . iwill be selling my rack on ebay.

beaufort-fj60 said:
cool, i wonder how many Lbs that ladder can take?

I have that question ask to the rep, as soon as I get the answer I will let you know.

Nice!
How well do the lights work on the front. Are they bright enough to be usefull?

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 said:
Nice!
How well do the lights work on the front. Are they bright enough to be usefull?

I'd guess your asking about the stealth rack (smaller profile)? According to Gobi the light output of the PIAAs is very good. I should have my rack and lights soon, once I do I will do some testing and report back :D

Ok

Granger said:
I'd guess your asking about the stealth rack (smaller profile)? According to Gobi the light output of the PIAAs is very good. I should have my rack and lights soon, once I do I will do some testing and report back :D
I'll look forward to the update!

Does anyone know how much noise these racks create at speed? I really like the looks of the stealth rack and the ladder. I hope it will take my 215 pound bulk!

the load on the gobi is 300lbs.

I got the reply back from the rep about the ladder. He told me that it should hold up to 300 lbs with the back door shut...

:bounce:

ordered the ranger rack and ladder yesterday gobi said a week out until shipped, i will post pics when i get it installed.

My stealth comes on Friday. Should have it installed Friday evening. Pics to follow

The Ranger looks rad. How much is it?

Also, to let you know roof racks add a bunch of wind noise compared to without. I aint thinking of noise myself, just function.

:bounce2:

its $1,499.00 its alot but its functional as opposed to the factory roof rack wich in my opinion is not very functional at all

Weight limits

I did not see the weight restrictions for the rack within the thread or on the GOBI site. Does anyone know the max. ratings? Also, does the ladder keep one from using the glass hatch (as it logically appears)?

300 pounds

I have the Gobi Stealth and I believe they both are rated at 300 pounds. And yes, the ladder makes the rear glass unusable. The whole setup looks absolutely fantastic though and the ladder is handy when you're lifted a couple inches.

Ordered an ARB roof rack with the grid bottom for nearly half of the cost of the Gobi. Also, the ARB has a flat bottom while the Gobi follows the curve of the roof. If you haven't bought a rack yet, consider the ARB in addition to the Gobi.

I am interested in the ARB RR with mesh flooring. would you have any pics that you could post...
thanks...

Ordered an ARB roof rack with the grid bottom for nearly half of the cost of the Gobi. Also, the ARB has a flat bottom while the Gobi follows the curve of the roof. If you haven't bought a rack yet, consider the ARB in addition to the Gobi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom