Anyone have pics without interior trim? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overland Tailor

Boltripper
Threads
Website
www.overlandtailor.com
Anyone have some pics of the rear wheel well space without the interior trim in place ?

Looking to see how much space is available for making / mounting custom fuse panels / inverters in that location, much like my 80 series.

Thank in advance for any intel.

John

Anyone have some pics of the rear wheel well space without the interior trim in place ?

Looking to see how much space is available for making / mounting custom fuse panels / inverters in that location, much like my 80 series.

Thank in advance for any intel.

John
The short answer is not much. Nothing close to the 80.

IMG_6443.JPG
IMG_6444.JPG
IMG_6455.JPG
IMG_6457.JPG
IMG_6458.JPG

Jeeze, toyota took interior HVAC seriously with this vehicle, didn't they?

Thanks for the pics and taking the time to post them.. That's exactly what I was looking for and also what I was afraid of~

Cheers -

J

The biggest void IMO is behind the panel directly above the subwoofer. Pulling that upper panel reveals one of the only spots in back that isn’t fully stiffed with guts... I noticed in those excellent pics above...the upper panel is still on, so you might wanna measure under there.

An easy spot for a fuse box is in the opening on the left/right... My Blue Sea is in one of mine. My large inverter sits under my driver-side ARB drawer fit kit.
If you yank the stock jack from its door...there is room in for a fuse box or small-ish inverter too...especially if you remove the little “shelf storage” that’s connected to the back of the removable access cover to that jack space.

Jeeze, toyota took interior HVAC seriously with this vehicle, didn't they?

Funny but yea... Every Time I get ready to make the decision to build the 200 for my "Next 20 Year Truck" I see this... So complicated.. The 80 will just be so old in the next decade, but the complexity of the 200 just keeps me from pulling the trigger.

The biggest void IMO is behind the panel directly above the subwoofer. Pulling that upper panel reveals one of the only spots in back that isn’t fully stiffed with guts... I noticed in those excellent pics above...the upper panel is still on, so you might wanna measure under there.

An easy spot for a fuse box is in the opening on the left/right... My Blue Sea is in one of mine. My large inverter sits under my driver-side ARB drawer fit kit.
If you yank the stock jack from its door...there is room in for a fuse box or small-ish inverter too...especially if you remove the little “shelf storage” that’s connected to the back of the removable access cover to that jack space.

I also wondered if just pulling the sub out would provide more room, but I agree that it might be easier just to do the electrical besides a drawer system.

Another idea might be going "1/2 Ausi Style" and doing a short board attached to the "front" of the drawer system that would mount the system just behind the rear seats. I love the full board systems done in some of the Australian trucks but that's a bit too much for me at the moment.

J

These are both great recommendations. I did both as well and it freed up a lot of room for me (relatively speaking of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom