Anyone have experience with the Rocky Road Outfitters UCA's that come with the 2.5" OME lift kit for the GX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking into an OME 2.5" lift for my 2005 GX and I saw that Rocky Road has a kit that has optional controls arms, and it would be quite a bit cheaper than getting SPC's separately. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to run 285/70/17's without any rubbing. Also curious as to what the durability is like. Thanks!

Looks similar to JBA. Use same GM ball joint. They claim better tire clearance which is known problem with JBA with high offset wheel.

They are so new, never heard anybody use it here or at GXOR. Control arm price are crazy high. I bough my SPC two years ago and I think I only paid $360 for it. This Minimum Advertised Price are different name for price fixing.

I ordered the full heavy kit a few weeks ago. I’m still waiting for them to arrive. Hopeful the end of this month they will be installed. I’ve got some 285/70/r17 waiting to be mounted too so I’ll let you know

I ordered the full heavy kit a few weeks ago. I’m still waiting for them to arrive. Hopeful the end of this month they will be installed. I’ve got some 285/70/r17 waiting to be mounted too so I’ll let you know
How did it go?

update on these UCA?

I have the RRO UCA's as well but unfortunately I went with the 255/75r17 tires. They have only been on the vehicle for 5k, but they seem to holding up nicely so far. My caster is still a bit forward after the lift, but I have managed to get it back to 3 degrees after the lift and larger tires.

I would really checkout the new Old Man Emu UCA same price and they are burly

I got my
How did it go?

I got the lift kit and control arms installed !
rocky road kit for the gx470 heavy with struts assembled

at the same time we installed the LongRange fuel tank +33 gallons

Before the kit was installed we did the water pump crank seal belts and flushed the fluids. OEM fluids refilled

still breaking it in

tires have not been mounted due to me not wheeling any time soon

Have not taken the photoshoot it deserves yet
16FF3CD8-A289-446B-A108-0D78059A81C2.jpeg

I got my

I got the lift kit and control arms installed !
rocky road kit for the gx470 heavy with struts assembled

at the same time we installed the LongRange fuel tank +33 gallons

Before the kit was installed we did the water pump crank seal belts and flushed the fluids. OEM fluids refilled

still breaking it in

tires have not been mounted due to me not wheeling any time soon

Have not taken the photoshoot it deserves yet
View attachment 2446893
Nice work dude!
I was reading your update and had to re read what you said about the long range fuel tank twice. I'm new to the gx scene and was apalled at my fuel range. I only drive city and get about 13 mpg so my total range on fill up is 220-240 miles! What is the long range tank? How much was it? send a link if you can

Nice work dude!
I was reading your update and had to re read what you said about the long range fuel tank twice. I'm new to the gx scene and was apalled at my fuel range. I only drive city and get about 13 mpg so my total range on fill up is 220-240 miles! What is the long range tank? How much was it? send a link if you can
Long range America is the us distribution side

manufacuted in Australia and shipped to US
i ordered mine back in June and it just got installed last week.

www.longrangeamerica.com

I paid 1900 for the tank shipped. And paid their representative technician to install it. Cost extra

the rear bags need to be deleted and I got them to install the entire lift kit from Rocky Mountain . At the same time. Add to the cost

The auxiliary tank has a pump that moves fuel to the main tank. Even when driving. I’ve yet to try it out cause We’re not wheelin yet

Just to get back to OP, I have now noticed that my tires are rubbing on the gusset and arm of the RRO UCA so it appears that I may need spacers. This is with 255/75r17 ko2 tires on stock GX wheels. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom