Anyone have a Warn Zeon Platinum? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with a Zeon winch? Looking to get one for the Jeep. The Zeon sits in the OEM bumper pretty nicely. I like the wireless remote option and smaller form factor of the Platinum but not much comes up anywhere when I search reviews. I do get reviews all over the place (awesome or they suck) for the standard Zeon winch though. I know they are expensive but they looks great.

Not mine, but finished look on a Jeep. I have seen people cut the factory top plate when using a Platinum so it really hides everything.

IMG_1620.jpg

Standard Zeon
WinchMount_Zoom_Layered_1.jpg

I was in a 4wd club in the UAE where I got to see both in hard use. My wife had the regular Zeon 8-S on her jeep, and we drove a lot with a guy that had a Platinum 10-S. The Platinum was always having problems with the heat protection and the automatic clutch (no lever on the Platinum). I need to buy a winch for her Jeep this month. I can afford either, but I am going with the normal Zeon.

Thanks for the reply. Real world examples are helpful. I have been looking at the Smittybuilt X20 Gen 2 now. Not as pretty as the Warn, but it is $500 vs $1200 for the warn and seems to get good reviews. Like you I can afford either, but that's a lot of dough to save. One thing that is nice is that the same remote can be wireless or hardwired. I know Warn has the wireless adapater kit for the standard winches for an extra $150.... Making the Warn $1350 for a wireless setup vs the X20 @ $500.

My brother has the Smittybuilt and loves it. He uses it a lot, and in a pretty wet environment. He has had a couple Warn's give up lately (not a Zeon), and has completely switched from Warn. I'm still giving my money to Warn, but I can't argue with his experience.

On our trip to the Sahara it was the only winch we had in our group of 6. It was used an easy 50+ times from everything a stuck truck to flipping an Unimog back on its wheel. The disconnecting free spool feature on the handheld control was a excellent feature. At no time did it ever seem like it was working.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions I can help with, by the way. We've been offering the Platinum for several years now. It's more than just a wireless remote and clutch, too. You can plug two 12V accessories directly into the winch and operate it with the remote. In addition, it has faster line speed than a standard ZEON and an upgraded brake.

Andy

I'm looking for actual experience feedback on the Warn Zeon Platinum 12-S or 10-S and found this old thread. Anyone got more recent feedback or longer term feedback? I've already bought by Platinum 12-S and am in the install process now. I have seen a lot of complaints associated with the remote battery quickly dying while stored. Wondering real or common that issue really is. I even found a hack/mod of the remote to prevent it from draining the battery while stored. Cool solution but pretty disappointing if necessary considering we are talking about a $2400 winch. The remote clutch was one of the appealing features of the Platinum series to me. I have yet to use mine but I guess I'll find out how good or bad the remote batter really is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom