Anyone have a experience with General Grabber at2 tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Threads
local tire shop is running a special in General Grabber AT2 tires. Anyone ever run them or have any experiences with them?

E904ADF1-206D-48BE-9552-45CBE91EA7DF.jpeg

40FF2663-E3EE-423E-862D-F79E91981B9E.jpeg

What kind of price? I'd entertain any AT at the right price.

Yeah, make with the name of the tire shop. I need a set of tires for my pickup and it looks like they make this tire in a 225/70/15. Is the sale on in stock tires or special order too?

No experience with General, but I've become a flaming fanboi of Cooper.
Some recent discussion here:
Another tire option - Cooper Discoverer AT/3

Pricing has been very reasonable each time I've purchased them, and there's usually a rebate program.

$0.02

I’ve run at least 6 sets of these. Love em. I typically get between 50k and 60k on them. Thy get wheeled daily going up and down our mountain driveway. Awesome in snow and rain. Three sets on a hundred series and 3 or 4 on tundras.

I wouldn’t put anything else on my truck anymore. If you would see my driveway, you’d know why.

I typically buy them from Bergeys tire in harrisonburg.

Warrenton tire and auto. Warrenton VA. they have different prices based on how many you get.
They have a per tire price a set of 4 price then they have a manufacturers discount on sets of 50 off per tire if you buy a set of 4.

Check the sidewall ply. The Grabber AT2s that I put on my Taco only have a 2 ply sidewalls. I wouldn't have bought them if I was aware of that. I find them to be too "bouncy" on the road. Chalk test showed 28 psi works well for my 31s on 15" rims.

The 2 ply sidewalls have made me hyper vigilant checking any for curb damage. Whenever these wear out, I'm going back to 3 ply Goodrich ATs.

I had Grabber MTs several years ago and ruined at least 3 due to sidewall punctures. The MTs were not great trail tires in my experience.

I had Grabber MTs several years ago and ruined at least 3 due to sidewall punctures. The MTs were not great trail tires in my experience.

I had two punctures on BFG mud terrains years and witnessed two others on trail rides over the years.

as the old saying goes, if it doesn't say super swamper on the side, it's just an all terrain....

I had two punctures on BFG mud terrains years and witnessed two others on trail rides over the years.

as the old saying goes, if it doesn't say super swamper on the side, it's just an all terrain....

^ the SSs. On the BFGs, they did have a sidewall issue not long ago. I've read that they have upped their game with sidewall reinforcement - not sure how much tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom