Anyone bought from rock-road? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slee kit is within about $16 (for the springs/shocks/torsion bars) if you drop the "diff drop bracket" which isn't in the "Rocky Road" kit.

Slee or Cruiser Outfit are much more likely to work with you, to make sure you purchase the right setup for your cruiser. It's a whole lot better (and cheaper) when you do it right the first time and don't have to post to this thread:

100 too stiff after OME medium lift

Agree I would go with Kurt at Cruiser Outifttrrs or Slee.

Or checkout Trail Tailor and the Tough Dog Susoension systems

i bought an OME kit from rocky-road about 3 months ago. good customer service and advice. They are slow getting parts out. They order from ARB once you place your order. The free shipping is what sold me on it. I have no experience with slee. I got my upper control arms from Cruiser Outfitters and they were great to work with and had extremely fast shipping.

@mtn2roady - We (Cruiser Outfitters) have them in the shelf and ready to ship as soon as tomorrow. We'll go through a build sheet discussing all aspects of your build and from there get you the exact components you need. We've sold an installed hundreds of 100 Series OME kits and feel quite confident on the applications. Give us a ring if we can be of help, I'd be happy to see what we can do on the pricing. Thanks!

After personally seeing Cruiser Outfitters in person I'd go with them any day. I did order a OME kit from them a while back and they called me and went over every detail to make sure that I really needed the HD kit.

I did also look at buying from Rocky Road but I didn't because of all the negative reviews on the internet.

Last edited:
Just received a set of sliders from rocky road for my 99. I ordered them on 8-17-2016.

I received them yesterday. That's 2 months, 23 days.

I bought them because they look beefy as hell. I have not installed them yet but that seems to be true.

I hate leaving negative reviews because i know the impact that can have on a small business.

That being said, this is a capitalist economic system and if we the customer don't inform each other who will?

I hope my 1 interaction with this company doesn't represent their overall attitude towards customer service.

My next purchase for My land Cruiser will not be from Rocky Road outfitters.

Kurt, will call when I'm ready, I appreciate you willing to work with this community and Ive appreciated all your past posts when restoring my 40. Thank you sir. I had been trolling the web for parts and came across these guys, presumed they might be avid members and the price was good. This is a tight forum though and I owe MUD more than I can repay. We'll talk soon about my OME lift when I get the sheckles!

Just received a set of sliders from rocky road for my 99. I ordered them on 8-17-2016.

I received them yesterday. That's 2 months, 23 days.....

I'm really interested in their sliders, not in a rush, but would love to see how the install turns out, overall fit and finnish of the sliders. Did you get the Super or regular?

These are the super sliders.

They came with bolts for attaching the square stock to the folded seem that runs along the rocker on the truck. I haven't installed these yet, not sure about putting holes in the rust free body.

Pros
Very happy with Fit and finish. Does not function as step at all- but that's OK, i bought sliders not running boards.

Seem to be very well built. Powder coat is uniform, very nice welds,and the finish is perfect! They really stick close to the body.

If they weren't so clean and you didn't know what you where looking at you probably wouldn't even see them.

Cons- Be prepared to wait with little to no communication while waiting. My only mistake was using email instead of a good ole fashioned phone call. Things moved a lot faster once i talked to them over the phone.

Let me know of you have any other questions.

Odd that it took so long for your order to be filled. Are they a one-man shop?

No, they seem to be a full operation. The last time i contacted them my parts where mysteriously all ready to ship. I think they might have just forgot about my order. Definitely lacking in the area of communication. I will say - they didn't charge my card till they where shipping though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom