Anybody interested in a new front bumper design? Update 5/7, No more teasers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m into the style w/o the upper cutouts originally posted in original concept.

I like the TEQ ones - I see a set of red painted SS plates bolted behind them after welding studs to the bumper.

The bummer is I am burning March’s play-dough on reloader gear/consumables - I’d be in for a 2nd round or delayed order.

————————

Big tech question:

As the kit sits, can I bolt in a Warn Zeon 12 with the bridge in place, or a M12K - the reason I never did a Slee Shortbus is the lack of fitting a Warn M12K.

If the winch mount doesn’t fit a M12K - or a Zeon 12K - then I’m better off leaving my ARB alone.

I saw you said 12K winch fits, just making sure I have Warn options.

I like your thoughts on this. I was going back and forth about the TEQ plates and I think I'm going to go with them instead of leaving that plate blank. I opted out of the top cutouts as well as the additional offset fogs only because I thought the bumper was too busy. I like the unique design of this bumper and it will be strong.

BTW, @Rusty Marlin , I will be sending you another excel spreadsheet adding in the TEQ plates.

The winch shown is a superwinch Tiger Winch 12K.
From my limited googlefoo, it appears they have the same volume as the Warn Zeon 12

OK - well, if there’s a rd 2 of this, then since I can get a Warn in it I’d most likely cash up.

Unless this is a 1-shot thing, if so - I missed it.

Who knows Linus, I'll get mine built and documented, show lots of pics and if there is enough interest after seeing one mounted, and peeps want them; well, I'll order more.
Its not like the drawings are just going to vanish into thin air.

Last edited:
^^^ Gotcha - I’d somehow translated it was a group buy & wasn’t at all clear on the situation.

I just figured I’d make sure I could get a Warn in it before talking like I was interested / going to talk much.

(since we all know the sound of crickets when you’re really for cash buyers, not exclusive to this forum but it seems a common issue)

Ok, cool - well, will standby & see how this plays - like I mentioned, I already committed a decent amount to save longer term.

I like the shape & esp the built thickness.

—————————————
Tech Question:

— Is the width flush for guys still on flares, or does this flush with flareless fenders?

(or did I breeze right past where you answered that already?)

Fits flares on LX450.
I designed this for my rig. Just thought I'd toss it out there to see if anybody else wanted one at the same time I did.
Cuts the price down substantially.
I'm not in the fab business, but I wanted something I couldn't buy and I'm handy with a welder. :hillbilly:

Bump b/c I’m still interested - I really only have tge ARB for winch capacity & deerstrike hoop.

Ideally I like your thinkness, I can do my own light cutouts & hi-lift interfaces if they don’t become an option, I’ve got plasma here to do my own custom stuff.

:::Late edit for dyslexic grammer - tge=the , thinkness=thickness. :::: Proof dyslexics shouldn’t multitask, evar ;)

——— But yeah, can’t wait to see cut package or any weld shots as they happen. ———

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the bumper should have been cut yesterday. Excited to see Rusty install it on his rig.

If I remember correctly, the bumper should have been cut yesterday. Excited to see Rusty install it on his rig.
They ran a day late....and I'm out of town this weekend. Pick the parts up Monday.

Don't forget the beer.

Beer for you. Scotch for me. Stogies for us. 😎
Craigalachi 13 pls,😁 if you're in a sharing mood. Welding in summer in SC will work up a Powerful thirst!
The beer isn't exclusive, I've been known to be rough on a bottle scotch a time or two. LOL

@Rusty Marlin - bump for any progress?
Lots o' progress. I've been hording the pics for a big montage at the end.
Here's a teaser though...
ndbCwdul.jpg

Erector set for Big Boys and Girls.

Couple more teasers, these were taken at tack up.

Clears the valence under the turn signals.
NzVdQ5vl.jpg

And guards the AC dryer.
Q8ZakNXl.jpg

Lots o' progress. I've been hording the pics for a big montage at the end.
Here's a teaser though...
ndbCwdul.jpg

Erector set for Big Boys and Girls.
Tab and slot design!

NICE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom