Anybody ever changed out the AC filter Dryer on a 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I located it on the passenger side of the condenser behind the grill. If this is it, I only see one refrigerant tube connecting on top, and on the bottom there is a plastic female hex plug the purpose of which is a mystery to me.
Is replacing this component easy?
I am fixing to replace another AC tube and will be having system vacuumed and recharged. Thnx.

^ Yes, just remove the hex (after system has been vacuumed) and replace. (although I believe mine was a bigger metal hex...)I used a Denso kit from amazon.

^ Yes, just remove the hex (after system has been vacuumed) and replace. (although I believe mine was a bigger metal hex...)I used a Denso kit from amazon.
Thanks.
That was key info. Just had it done today and there is- in an 05- a plastic hex nut visible from the bottom that when removed gives access to a fabric bag in the cylinder containing dessicant that gets swapped out. The cylinder and its connections don’t need to be touched.
Thanks for the reply.

toyunda how did you get enough room to fish out the bag? I can get the plug off but then can’t seem to get the bag out as there is not much room to get some pliers up in there

toyunda how did you get enough room to fish out the bag? I can get the plug off but then can’t seem to get the bag out as there is not much room to get some pliers up in there

Once the hex is removed, the whole assemble will pull out with just a gentle tug. The filter itself is quite long. Soak the new filter with some PAG oil before installing it. The O-rings like a bit of oil too.

Once the hex is removed, the whole assemble will pull out with just a gentle tug. The filter itself is quite long. Soak the new filter with some PAG oil before installing it. The O-rings like a bit of oil too.
Thanks vcheng, I tried that but it’s stuck up in the tube, can only just touch it with a finger and no room to get pliers up there. I tried some fencing wire but it doesn’t have enough grip to hook it out

Thanks vcheng, I tried that but it’s stuck up in the tube, can only just touch it with a finger and no room to get pliers up there. I tried some fencing wire but it doesn’t have enough grip to hook it out

What is the pressure in the system if evacuated? Significant negative pressure can make it difficult to remove the filter/drier. If you release the vacuum to make the filter/drier easier to replace, make sure to re-evacuate the system as soon as possible to avoid moisture getting into the new filter/drier, before recharging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom