Any Sonora Gold Land Cruisers out there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking for a 100 for several months now. A couple of nice ones have slipped by me. Found a Sonora Gold one pretty close to me that I plan to look at with decent miles and price. I am not sold on the color. Does anyone else have one? Got any pics of it dirty? I am not big on washing vehicles too often, so I wondered if a nice coat of dirt and grime might soften the gold.

Help!

I looked at one locally in Houston..... it was REALLY gold..... I couldn't get my head around it given that...

where are you ?

Im in SC.

@Michael - Thanks - but I'm only looking for 06, 07 models with as close to 100k miles as possible. Will be a daily driver for many year to come at about 20K miles a year for me.

Go look at it in person. I looked at an '06 Sonora Gold a couple of years ago when searching for mine. It looked better in person than in the pics, but it was still my last color choice. I ended up with Black, which was my second to last color choice, but now I love it!

My '04 is gold. It's the perfect color for how I use it, mostly to go into the sandy backroads and dunes along the Great Lakes. The sand gives it a nice matching 2-tone look :) However, I think I'm an outlier on MUD because I also have the gold emblem package and like it a lot on my cruiser. I don't have any photos of it dirty handy.

I'm quite a large fan of mine. I was a bit skeptical from the dealer pictures online until I saw it in person. These pictures arent the best quality and it's clean here, but it looks pretty much the same when its dirty. It looks much much more tan in person.
image.jpg
image2.jpg

Here's a few more.
image3.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD_Forum1427647199_188110.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD_Forum1427647279_321082.jpg

I must admit, it looks better with no running boards and in real life situations.

I have been looking for a 100 for several months now. A couple of nice ones have slipped by me. Found a Sonora Gold one pretty close to me that I plan to look at with decent miles and price. I am not sold on the color. Does anyone else have one? Got any pics of it dirty? I am not big on washing vehicles too often, so I wondered if a nice coat of dirt and grime might soften the gold.

Help!

4AB8A6FA-4BE3-4DAE-9545-8F07095162BD.jpeg

BD052316-4A46-4182-BA3B-009EE51A71B6.jpeg

3E92BEFA-87AA-45E2-955C-3573272127A3.jpeg

Just my 2 cents worth: At this point with the model becoming rarer, and your hopes on it being a 06-07 with low miles, you have to worry less about the color, than your other two priorities. Gold isn't my first choice either, but certainly not my last choice.

I think Sonora Gold looks fine. Looks really good built. If it’s in great condition with lot of maintenance done any color will do IMHO🤷🏻‍♂️

After looking at a lot of LC's I ended up with a gold one - can't say it was my first choice of colors. It is a one family owned, well maintained truck in overall excellent shape. Has pretty extensive service records as well and looks pretty good underneath. Original paint. Now trying to decide what wheels/tires to put on it. Running boards are coming off next week :). No dirty pics....yet.

F49D7E33046140CF9DB0989405308168[25341].jpg

Everyone in here sounds like a parent that didn't actually want kids.

"Well I never liked or wanted old man tan but I couldn't imagine life without it now that I'm attached to it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom