Any new 2014 buyers lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm waiting to see if they total my 2011 but was wondering if anybody has purchased a 2014 lately and if so what did you pay? Feel free to either reply here or PM me if you'd rather. I'm trying to get a feel for what my bogey needs to be at the dealership. Thanks for the help.

Mike

What happened to your 2011? Was everyone involved OK? How did it hold up in an accident? Pics?

I just purchased a Black on black 2014 two weeks ago. I paid $71,400, before tax, tag, and new GA tag tax. I did know the salesman and I really didn't haggle because I got a great price from him for my wife's '13 4runner.

$67,499; 2013 5000 miles, never titled General Manager's car. Grey.

Once I found a 2013 dealer demo (I moved too slowly and lost two before finding this one), I printed out my numbers (spreadsheet) and handed them to the dealer. I included price, trade in, net taxable, cash down, taxes, title, and my financing. I said to him, "if you can do this I will buy it right now." One minute later I was shaking hands with the finance manager. I spent a total of two hours. I don't really like the haggling, especially when the entire setup is against you and the amount of time it takes. Right or wrong, I thought someone would hit my numbers, and they did.

I was seeing some out there for less, but this one is good, and my price sweetened it enough to get me in and out of there.

I know you asked about 2014, but the vehicles are identical and I thought this might help.

Cheers,

What happened to your 2011? Was everyone involved OK? How did it hold up in an accident? Pics?

Look about 2 threads down and you'll see I think "I totalled my 200 thread". Still in lots of pain getting hit by someone going 60mph when u are stopped is not enjoyable.

in the northeast USA the prices are still little high (mid to high 80K). shop around on the internet and then visit them. I was at my dealership and they were really willing to deal but only had 3 LX here and not one had the dynamic radar option which is a must for me if I get a new one.

I know very crazy that it is not a standard item on the LX; now please don't send me HATE mail for this but when speaking to the salesman about this; he said most Lexus people up here want it on the cheap! So all the models he had where the basic set up (no cool box, dynamic radar) I myself am a Lexus owner and did not agree with him. I want the best and safest crap all rolled into one vehicle.

What I can't believe is that neither the LX or LC have is side assist. They spend all of that time retooling for the 2013's and fail to include side assist on a vehicle this large? Don't get it. Even the new RAV 4 has it. I get that you need to turn your head and neck and actually look, but even that is daunting at times.

I know very crazy that it is not a standard item on the LX; now please don't send me HATE mail for this but when speaking to the salesman about this; he said most Lexus people up here want it on the cheap! So all the models he had where the basic set up (no cool box, dynamic radar) I myself am a Lexus owner and did not agree with him. I want the best and safest crap all rolled into one vehicle.

But can one be ordered without the DVD player junk? Seems like all the LC come with that and cannot be ordered in any way except for choosing color combo. Is the LX different in that you can actually pick and choose the extras as shown online?

I'm waiting to see if they total my 2011 but was wondering if anybody has purchased a 2014 lately and if so what did you pay? Feel free to either reply here or PM me if you'd rather. I'm trying to get a feel for what my bogey needs to be at the dealership. Thanks for the help.

Mike
$9,300 off in SC. Probably could have got to $10,000, but they had to trade for the color I wanted. Bummer on the '11

Paid $74,000 including $800 of dealer add-ons (before tax, title and doc fees). It is a pearl white, so that added $395.

I've noticed that the Midwest (especially upper) and SW tend to have lower prices for LCs than the PNW or Socal. For an $80K luxury good, it tends to sell better in the higher standard of living sections of our beautiful nation.

With that said, I picked up my '14 new in late 2013 for $73K. It wasn't easy to find either as inventory was low (typical for 200s).

If you look at the sales figures, the '13s+ are selling. I purport it's because the feature set is on par with other options in this price range. Who the heck wants halogen low-beams this day and age esp in an $80K vehicle? I sure don't.

Add me, 2014 silver demo with 3000 miles. 69,999. Traded in a 2011 LR4.

Regards,

Expat93 (Kevin)

Tuscaloosa toyota in Alabama. Good guys and the right timing.

Regards,

Expat93 (Kevin)

Need to add, bought it in Scottsdale Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom