Any idea what this is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aggiesdm

***** Regular
Threads
This fell out from under the dash in the driver footwell. It's obviously a spring, but has a little rubber sleeve inside that may act as a vibration dampener.

Anyone know what it goes to?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414508509.616451.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414508529.750161.jpg

That's what I thought too, but can't find a logical place where it would attach. No holes or indents that I can see?

Everything seems to working normally too, but it's gotta go to something...right?

Last edited:
Everything seems to working normally too

Missing brake return spring could easily never be noticed if you never use cruise control and don't have an electrically controlled transmission (like you don't). In the first case, going over a bump could cause the the CC to disengage, and in the second could (this has come up) cause the torque converter to unlock momentarily.

Sweet. Thanks for the diagram. Now I can find a home for this booger

thats so funny. This happened to me a few months ago. I still have it in my cup holder lol.

thats so funny. This happened to me a few months ago. I still have it in my cup holder lol.

I got it reinstalled. It actually connects to a little groove on the retaining pin for the brake pedal, then the other end hooks into a hole in the bracket up near the pivot point of the pedal bar. It's apparent once you realize that the springs hooks onto the pin.

How have we not met up yet? I have lived here over a year! Do you ever wheel your rig?

Don't really wheel it, rather I use it for camping with my son's Boy Scout troop and hunting. I have friends with ranch land that requires 4x4 in areas, so I get me fill that way. Mainly I use it as a hobby to work on and tool around town. Turning wrenches is therapeutic...when I have time.

Where do you live? I'm in the Stone Oak area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom