Any good hill climbs in the Richmond, VA area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found one, but would love to know of some more since we just moved here...thanks.

I just moved to Richmond and am a fellow 100 owner. Where is the good wheeling?

-Matt

80and100cruisers said:
I just moved to Richmond and am a fellow 100 owner. Where is the good wheeling?

-Matt

Only place ive found (by accident) was behind the Stony Point Fashion Park. Take the first exit (the Sak's 5th exit) and turn right near the Va Urology bldg. (if you GoogleMap it, use 8730 Stony Point Pkwy - Richmond, VA. There is new construction going on behind there and there is a huge valley to go down and back up with plenty up challenges.

Unfortunately there is no true good wheeling in Richmond. Head up to the George Washington National Forest or to Charlottesville/Shenandoah Valley areas and there is plenty as far as the eye can see! Lynchburg has some good runs too.

I moved from Richmond to Lynchburg. Richmond did not have a great deal of off road opportunities. I agreed with the GW National Forest recommendation. Try shoe creek trail, its just north of the Piney River. Excellent 4 wheeling and camping/fishing!

Where are the good spots in Lynchburg? I have not found any.

Thanks!

There's a few good spots around Richmond. If you know where John Tyler CC is in Midlothian, you go right past it on Charter Colony Pkwy, and before you get to the bridge over 288 there's a trail heading up the left side of the road up the high-voltage power line trail. From the looks of that first hill it'll be a rather aggressive trail.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows who has the 100 series that parks near Maggiano's at Short Pump mall all the time? It's lifted with bumpers/sliders, safari roof rack, looks great!

-Jiggy

I'd also be interested in knowing who owns that. I have never seen it, but my parents (and me for a month) live 5 min. from the Short Pump mall.

-Matt

80and100cruisers said:
I'd also be interested in knowing who owns that. I have never seen it, but my parents (and me for a month) live 5 min. from the Short Pump mall.

-Matt

I would as well. I also live and work within about 6 miles of the Short Pump Mall and am was just at Maggiano's thursday night (if you havent eaten at a Maggiano's, you are missing out). I havent seen the 100 you are referring to but you will more than likely see my white stock 04 LC at Short Pump around lunch during the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom