Any experience with the Westcott Designs preload lift kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across this kit from Westcott Designs... spent about 15 minutes on the phone with them and they seem like very high quality. But they've only been around for 3 years.

Do any of you have experience with this kit? Thinking about picking it up for my 2009. Sounds like it checks all my boxes and no extras that I don't need.

There is plenty of discussion about this kit in a previous thread. Most people seem happy with it.

Points of note:

What you gain in lift you lose in down travel, but because of the extra preload you don’t gain any up travel unless you’ve added weight. So you’ve effectively increased body to ground clearance but reduced suspension travel and therefore articulation.

Their suggestion that UCAs aren’t needed is half the story.. at the lift they publish your caster adjusters will be maxed out and if for some reason your chassis is an anomaly they may not be able to get you within alignment specs.

Either way I’d dig up that thread. Lots more stuff talked about.

It's similar in terms of drawbacks to a spacer lift on an IFS truck. It works and accomplishes a "lift" in terms of looks but it's not a replacement for a true lift, simply a cost effective alternative.

It's similar in terms of drawbacks to a spacer lift on an IFS truck. It works and accomplishes a "lift" in terms of looks but it's not a replacement for a true lift, simply a cost effective alternative.
One notable difference is at least with the OE spacer you gain down travel at the front axle. And the lift is mild enough for stock UCAs to work well.

But yes stock damping and spring rate leaves a lot on the table for handling especially given the higher CoG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom