Any bikepackers on here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rogue Panda came through. Super happy with the results…

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

Is the Rogue Panda material thicker than the Salsa stuff?

The Salsa bag might be slightly thicker, but the quality of the zipper, seams, is world's better than the Salsa bag. I am assuming the material will be as well. Heading out for a maiden voyage with the new bag setup this weekend.

you folks are crazy loading your bikes up like that! I enjoy a good bike ride but I can't see loading bags and packs up and then going for a ride. :beer:

you folks are crazy loading your bikes up like that! I enjoy a good bike ride but I can't see loading bags and packs up and then going for a ride. :beer:

It's exactly like #EAF homie. :lol:

Seriously though Alex, once you build a bike for it and then are able to get your body in shape to handle the extra weight, you really don't even feel the extra weight--even on technical, single-track trails.

Like @OGBeno said. Once you're fit for it, you don't even notice. You can also go pretty light depending on your trip.
1705683644658.png

This was my setup for a 130 mi 14k overnight trip. I'm short AF so I don't have a lot of room for bike storage. I attached my bivvy to the bars and had my sleeping bag and coat in the seat bag. I wore a camelback that held my food and stove too but I hardly even noticed it. That ride had a bunch of single-track gravel and pavement too.

1705683933960.png

You really only notice the weight, if you have to pick it up! Otherwise, it does handle a bit slower. But it is a lot of fun. I'll take 4 days in the desert of pedaling a 75lb bike, then 2 hours at the local trails on a 30lb anyday of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom