Another Moab in a Stock 80 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got back from Moab. Snowy, cold, but fun never the less. I originally intended to post this report in the 40 section, as I was towing my 40 down, but mechanical failure prohibited me from taking the 40 out of the parking lot at the Days Inn.

Ended up driving the wife's 80 through Kane Creek Canyon, and Seven Mile Rim. It was my first trip for motorized recreation, and it was AWESOME! I made it through both trails without the use of a strap or winch, guided by some excellent spotters. Even did Wipeout Hill, in the snow! Made it through both trails without incurring any body damage. I have video and pics to sort through, and will post 'em up later today!

Thought I'd at least start the thread. :flipoff2:

Great Trip!!

Last edited:
Thanks! Looking forward to the pics.

xiero said:
Even did Wipeout Hill, in the snow! Made it through both trails without incurring any body damage. Great Trip!!

Cool, looking forward to seeing the pics.

I'll be heading out in April with the dirtbike and the family in tow. Hopefully I can ride wipeout hill on a Motorcyle and in the landcruiser on the same day.

OK - I lied. Not totally stock, I put some 295s on it and removed the sliders. I know the spare should be inside, but I have 4 kids and a wife in there with me.

There's a trip report on my blog -

Click here, then on tech/tips

Here are some pics:

Kane Creek

moab033.JPG

moab034.JPG

moab035.JPG

moab036.JPG

I didn't take any pics on 7 mile, but here are some vid clips:

7 Mile

dump bump

a crack on 7 mile

wipeout hill (I think that's the name)

Great job!! These rigs are truly exceptional 4x4's. Looks like you had a great time. Many other 4x4's need extensive modification to be capable of what a stock 80 can do. Again, great pics and driving.

Just a wild guess here after seeing your crossing that crack, but your truck didn't come with lockers?!!!!

Good driving. BTW, are those balls made out of brass or steel? :eek: :eek: :eek:

cary said:
Just a wild guess here after seeing your crossing that crack, but your truck didn't come with lockers?!!!!

Good driving. BTW, are those balls made out of brass or steel? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Correct! No lockers, though as you pointed out, I'm trying to make up for it with cajones!!

:D

Loved the videos!! The commentary was great:

"Are the kids still in there?"
"Yeah...So are mine."

Excellent!!!

TR

TroutRunner said:
Loved the videos!! The commentary was great:

"Are the kids still in there?"
"Yeah...So are mine."

Excellent!!!

TR

Yeah, wheeling is a family adventure. My wife was pretty nervous - she's only been on mild trails until last weekend!

Vitesse_6 said:
Jason...What no wife walking home?!? LOVE the single wiper at work.

Nice commentary by DMC!

Nope, wife only gets out and walks during rallye events. Too much pressure!:D

The wiper arm was modified by her as well - decided to let them push the ice off the windshield one morning when I was out of town. :rolleyes:

DMC was awesome. Very patient with this first timer. :cheers:

upcruiser said:
Nice, I passed a ton of cruisers coming down 6 today. Were you one of the rigs coming back up towards Salt Lake? I'm poaching wireless in the Days Inn parking lot right now. Bummer about the snow, you guys just missed out, supposed to be 50 and sunny tomorrow.

Nope, I took off Sat. night. :mad: I'm sure the snow was there to christen me as a Moab newb.

:censor:

Looking forward to going down again soon.

There were a bunch of us heading home on 6 today. I just got home a few hours ago. We took the back way from near canyonlands down to the green river and then out to ten mile canyon to the town of green river. Much more scenic than 191. A lot of us were staying at the Days Inn over the weekend. Jason I've got some photos of you on seven mile. I'll post them up.

here 2

Last edited:
That's some sick stuff in a stock rig.

sleeoffroad said:
Yeah, ok, 80's are great, but this guy did the same thing with a stock Freelander :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your worst nightmare, a stock cruiser. :eek:

C'mon, let a guy basque in his first Moab high. :cool:

So what if a Freelander can do it. I wasn't driving no steenkeeng Rover. :rolleyes: I was driving MY Cruiser. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:flipoff2:

Great Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom