Another FNG intro.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, my Girlfriend just talked me into helping her get a 88FJ62, she found it on CL while searching for a 4wd from Fl.
I am in NC Arkansas (where the FJ62 is) shes in Fl on her way here. Last winter she high sided her minivan here in Arkansas during a snowstorm, prompting her desire to get her own capable vehicle. She did the same MO several years ago with a 72 Wagoneer which i fixed up for her with her help. We ended up selling it for an insane price to her neighbor. The new to her FJ62 is in extremely good shape, minor rust on tailgate bottom lip and around the rear window. I spent all day yesterday crawling all over it. 35's on a SPOA, OME shocks, spedo shows 82,xxx motor fired up on a jerry can rig ran really well. The fuel tank was removed for a FP issue he has a new FP and the tank is out and cleaned up he blew out all the lines. the only othe non driver issue I see is feels like the brake M/C is shot so I already order brake M/C, rear shoes, and wheel cylinders. The interior is rhino lined but the seats were in remakable good condition. Dash is solid has A/C and even power windows worked. PO a former Marine is out of funds and freshly married with 3 kids. He was heart broken to have to sell it but after talking with him for 2 days he feels confident that its going to a good home. We ended up shaking hands at $8200. My experince with Toyotas is pretty spread out. In 1987 I bought a 84 straight axle 4runner that I kept in storage shed off n on while deployed for almost 20 years, had multiple first gen toy pickups (surf, hog hunting, swamp rigs that i just beat on), in 99 freshly married myself I bought an 84 FJ60 w 177K miles for $1400 ended up putting over 300K miles (several trips from FL to AK) on it but beach life killed it. While I was first deployed in Afghanistan 2003 my now Ex bought an 80 series which shes still driving. Im currently DD an 87 Dodge Raider its got stage 3 cancer but mechanically awesome and just keeps on giving. I actually got for free in 2015 haha. I have been looking for a LC since returning from my final deployment in 2013 but honestly I couldnt choke down the prices of them and had pretty much decided my Toyota days were done so I have been buying OBS F250's with IDI diesels. Have a 71 Dodge W200 power wagon in FL that my GF loves to drive and in fact still driiving it in Fl. We just sold a 4x4 F350 PSD box truck to a buddy of mine who flew up here and drove it back to Fl. Im no mechanic but have been wrenching since I was about 14yo im now 62 still working on vehicles, tractors and motorcycles, my other passion is 80s enduros 76 XT 500, 83 Xr600L, 94 DR650, just sold a 98 KLR650, Ive got a 76 BMW75/6 that is kinda cool and a 2008 XT250) It looks like I have alot of reading to do looking forward to it.

88FJ62.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom