Another FJ40 Tub Camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the compliments.

Here is one with it behind the 40, it squats, but not bad.
Camper 005 (2).jpg

Couple of the interior, all storage under the plywood.

Camper Build 005 (2).jpg
Camper Build 004 (2).jpg

Going to mount a fan in the cowl bulge to try and get some air movement. I have a twelve volt fan but the :princess: says its too loud.
So I will go with a 120 volt when we can plug in.
Camper 005 (2).jpg
Camper Build 005 (2).jpg
Camper Build 004 (2).jpg

What is the tongue weight on this guy? I dig it. Maybe you could use the vent fan from the dash?

What is the tongue weight on this guy? I dig it. Maybe you could use the vent fan from the dash?

Don't know the tongue weight, I can lift it up to put it on the pintle hitch.

That's a good idea on the fan, I will have to look to see if I have a good one in my parts stash.

I could just put in a filter to keep the bugs from getting sucked in.

yeah, that would be good. You could get a battery and some solar cells to keep it charged up.

I have a spare Optima battery, Later, I am going to mount part of a drive shaft to the pinion with a pulley. Put my spare one wire alternator on a bracket and use that to charge my battery when it is moving. Solar cells would work when sitting.

sounds like a pretty cool setup.

Going to mount a fan in the cowl bulge to try and get some air movement. I have a twelve volt fan but the :princess: says its too loud.

Cut the voltage to the fan (to get it to run slower), or get a different one. Computer fans take 12 volts, and can move a surprising amount of air for the noise level.

Here's one that pushes over 100 CFM at 19 dbA. (10 dbA is normal breathing, 40 dbA is a quiet office.)

250mm Silent Case Fan - FrozenCPU.com

This is the coolest trailer I have ever seen. WOW! I totally dig it dude.

(okay, maybe the second coolest ;) )

Hey guys back from the grave,
have i picture at the camp site of last years rally.

IMAGE_198.jpg

Then the AC unit I had just put in it. It will be nice snoozing during the day in the AC.
DSC04121.jpg

Getting it ready for paint, ran out of time last year. :cheers:
IMAGE_198.jpg
DSC04121.jpg

Looks great. Love the AC!

Did some more Raptor bed liner, made a box to cover the AC for on the road.

Then wanted to add a fuel tank for my new honda suit case generator. Can't just depend on camp sites for AC.

I got this jerry can holder with one of my cruisers, can't figure out what kind of strap it needs. Anyone?
ForumRunner_20110723_212200.jpg
ForumRunner_20110723_212251.jpg

No paint yet, but I did win "Best of Toys" "Kid Choice" and "Best of Show" at a local car show.

Just trying to get word out about my hobby and I leave with some trophies!
ForumRunner_20110919_203630.jpg
ForumRunner_20110919_203701.jpg

Sweet!!

Thats awesome! Nice work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom