Another cruiser part paint color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
79 FJ40... Obviously the bib is body color, but what color are/where the headlight buckets from the factory? Body color...?

Thanks

Dave

I think they were plated. Like yellow zinc or Cadmium. I just cleaned mine up and found a touch-up rattle can of the closest thing I could find to Cad.

GL

Ed

Yellow di-chromate cad! ;)

I attempted to match that 'look' with powder coating. I was able to get pretty close! Can anyone pick out the REAL cad plated part?
PowderCoatSession3.jpg

Thanks for the replies...much appreciated. After looking at coolerman's stuff...which looks fantastic, I might have to fall back go with POR black! I just can't afford to do all the pieces that need to be done like that...again thanks!

the greasable shackle pin?

How'd ya guess? ;)

Yep, like I said I was able to get close, but no cigar...

It's cheaper than you think! Not as cheap as cheap paint and cheap paint guns, but cheaper then expensive paint and guns. With both you will need a compressor, but if you own a Cruiser you most likely have one or are planning to get one. :D

All these parts I did at home so the actual cost was just the powder coating kit (under $150) , the powder (up to about $100 at this point) and my labor to remove, repair, degrease, de-rust, media blast and coat the parts. I use a free oven I got to bake parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom