Another 33" tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiserhaven said:
I was using 15x8 rims though -- you can get the white spoke steel wagon rims cheap ($20-$25 ea?) in the correct backspacing if you want to go to 15x8's.

Where can you find those white spoke wheels for 20-25 dollars?

TopJimmie said:
Where can you find those white spoke wheels for 20-25 dollars?

Ok, you made me actually go and try to dig up my receipts...

Turns out price was actually $30 ea :doh:

[kicking self in ass repeatedly]

Tyres International - 330-374-1000
Superior Superstar I's, part #34-584ZR

No No, I just want to get some of those white spoke wheels, I just don't know where to find them for even 30 bucks a piece. Thanks for the info!

33X10.5 with 3" lift would work really well....suppose if you are seriously mudding it, a 12.5 might offer a bit more floatation, otherwise, the 10.5 will serve you well.

AT's will make your highway driving to your wheeling destination easier and help on interior road noise. the BFG AT/KO's work pretty well in the mud (read NW logging roads) but then again, I haven't buried it up to the axles in the stuff yet.....

my 2¢,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

So, my buddy found me a set of 31x12.50s, some type of offroad tread, used, for $250. 1@100% tread, 2@90%, and 2@50%. Not what I wanted, but I figure after I have them mounted and balanced, I'm in for abut $300 - significantly less than I thought I was going to pay (locker, here I come!!!). Have not figured out how I'm going to squeeze every last mile out of this combination, but when cash is involved, I'll find a way!

After reading the posts, I think my first set of real tires will be 33x10.50s. The used ones will hopefully keep me on the road until my local Scams get some in, or I find a really, really good sale. Another question: is it generally accepted to have 2 sets - one set of ATs or road tires, and a second set (mounted on spare rims) of off road specific use? Seems that way I could go ahead and have both worlds - good everyday tires, and a 2nd set of really aggressive off road (Super Swampers?). Any reasons (besides cost) not to go this route?

Having two full sets of wheels and tires is a good idea if you do a LOT of wheeling. The typical off road adventure includes many ways to tear your nice tires to shreds- so keeping a set of swampers on an extra set of wheels is a very good idea. It's what I plan on doing after I purchase my lift.

I've got 16" wheels with 33" tires for DD dutes, and the stock 15" rims will hold the 34x9.5 swampers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom