Another 2h white smoke?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well typical with old cars, always a little something.
Fresh injectors, runs a treat, bit more placebo punch. Barely a bit of smoke on cold morning start up, no worries, it goes when warmed up. Did a lubri moly purge too which seems good.

But just noticed today visible white smoke going uphill when revs going a bit harder around 2600rpm, if I back off, back to 2000-2100 rpm the smoke goes, which is where I usually sit when cruising when unloaded.

Oil is clean as, coolant stable so not my head.

Have been doing some heavy towing of late so cruising revs were a bit higher around 2400rpm not using 5th gear.

I bleed and flush with neatsfoot fairly regularly in the diaphragm.

Just only noticed today, admittedly it was a short drive, less than 20 minutes, steep hill in third, engine was at temp but not well warmed like hour/hours. Been raining heaps too.

Could it be my diaphragm? Maybe being pedantic.

oh and I sniffed the exhaust whilst idling, does not smell like diesel or coolant. Think it maybe water from humidity perhaps, it has been very wet of late, noticed lots of condensation under the bonnet ceiling the other morning. May start using a blanky to tuck her in at night..
Also, the sun was setting into the rear view mirror going up the hill, something similar to the visible night light exhaust particulates. No loss of power.
I'll change the diaphragm anyway, chances are it is due.
God I love her!

I think it was just the way the sun was setting at the time, could see the particulates normally only visible at night.

Yep these are old diesels. They always "smoke" some sort. With car light at night I can see smoke much more that isn't visible during the day. In the morning there is always lightish smoke until it warms up some. I live at 5000' altitude, have my fuel turned up a little and it's still cool in the morning.

No loss of coolant, no sweet smell from exhaust, I would keep an eye on it but not be too worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom