Annual Winter Run (unofficial River Shiver) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last weekend was the usual time of year for the River Shiver. This year our club decided to go back to our roots. We organized a loose schedule of weekend wheeling in the mountains.

Members decided to do rough camping instead of the "warm bunkhouse and someone else does your cookin" that has become the norm at River Shivers.

I was only out for the Saturday but several members did brave the cold and slept in tents and cooked over the fire (or in Bruce's case, the mobile commercial kitchen).

Here are some pics that my wife took and a link to the other pics on our club website.

2Slow Gallery :: RMLCA Winter Run 2009 :: DSC_0146
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

more...sorry for the poor resolution. That is Lowenbra's (Bruce) BJ74 comming up the hill.
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg

4 of the six trucks had to winch up this hill. The two fully locked 80's didn't need to.
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg

this little bump in the trail cost Coastal Kevin's 40 his pinion shaft. Parts were delivered the following morning for a quick but chilly repair. See the linked website (post 1) for details of the repair and other trail carnage.
IMG_0300.jpg
IMG_0301.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg

Thats so Cool. Kevin, sometime in the future I would love to drive up there and do some summer camping and off roading, Good to hear from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom