An Alternative Carburator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ60 Carburator needs replacing.
Since this Nicaragua, and Gasoline FJ or BJ anything are no where to be found, I need to find an alternative Carburator... I.e. one that fits the FJ60 but maybe from another Toyota model or some other manufacturer....
Anyone knows of a possible alternative that would fit the FJ60 (2F) engine?

Thanks for your help.

Sherif6 said:
My FJ60 Carburator needs replacing.
Since this Nicaragua, and Gasoline FJ or BJ anything are no where to be found, I need to find an alternative Carburator... I.e. one that fits the FJ60 but maybe from another Toyota model or some other manufacturer....
Anyone knows of a possible alternative that would fit the FJ60 (2F) engine?

Thanks for your help.

Let me know about your FJ60's informations.
There is a plate above brake booster on the firewall
Inform me all information from that plate then I can fine correct part number of your stock carb. and search which vehicle uses that same carb.
There's more than +20 P/N of factory carburetor for FJ60 that we must narrow down.

Oh, Min Seok

Hi Sherif6. Most owners who have their old Aisin carb rebuilt correctly are happy with the results.
I had mine done a couple of years back and it still starts easily on all mornings and when really hot in summer.
The Aisin carb is designed for a 4wd landcruiser and is hard to beat all round
Some use Weber carb and have good results but it usually takes a lot of trial and error.

Any Toyota dealer in your region should have a rebuild kit. There are other places such as sor.com in the US that have them.
There is also an australian company that does overseas orders to anywhere,with pics
http://www.nardek.com.au/Aisan.htm

schaats said:
Let me know about your FJ60's informations.
There is a plate above brake booster on the firewall
Inform me all information from that plate then I can fine correct part number of your stock carb. and search which vehicle uses that same carb.
There's more than +20 P/N of factory carburetor for FJ60 that we must narrow down.

Oh, Min Seok
The Numbers as as follow:
VIN: JT3FJ60G9F1128476
Motor: 2F870128
Model: FJ60LG-KA
c/TR-A/TM:033FB11K052H42

Thanks Guys

Thank you Very much for your help....
I look forward to getting more info...
The Repair Kits are no where to be found here, so it is probably better to get an equivalent Carb...
The thing is, the mechanic tells me that those 2 little flat disks that close the openings are not sealing properly, and that the repair kits do not fix that problem, therefore I need a new one!
Is that True, those 2 little round things cannot be fixed?

Sherif6 said:
The Numbers as as follow:
VIN: JT3FJ60G9F1128476
Motor: 2F870128
Model: FJ60LG-KA
c/TR-A/TM:033FB11K052H42

Because you said live in Nicaragua that I supposed your FJ60 is General spec.
But after finish searching your FJ60's info with above information, I found your's is USA spec. (Your's might have full emission crap under hood ! :) )
There was 3 different carburetor P/N for US FJ60
P/N Prod. date Freame Number
21100-61140 8008~8110 0000001 ~0023632
21100-61141 8110~8604 0023633~1133050
21100-61142 8604~8708 1133051~

So, P/N of your stock carburetor is 21100-61141 but that three kind of carbs can be cros-usable.
And also searched which other vehicle uses same carb. but result is none.
Those three Aisan carb were only for Landcruiser FJ40, FJ60 after AUG/1980 production date.

So I want to recommand that get a used carb or rebuilt.
You could buy whole used carb assy. from cruiserparts.net or ask to James about availability of your defective part in carb.
They also offers used carb. parts.

Oh, Min Seok

Last edited:
Sherif6 said:
The Repair Kits are no where to be found here, so it is probably better to get an equivalent Carb...
The thing is, the mechanic tells me that those 2 little flat disks that close the openings are not sealing properly, and that the repair kits do not fix that problem, therefore I need a new one!

There is no equivalent replacement carb,Webers or Holleys will work but only if you have a good knowlege of carbs and the patience to set them up.

Im not too sure about the disc thingys but a used carb would also work or it could be rebuilt.
Try an advert in the Wanted for sale or have a look through Parts for sale.

Before you try an alternative carb,I suggest you use the search function to get a better picture of whats involved.

can't be that hard to find a used 2F carb in Honduras. If you just can't find one, bounce over to Guate or Nicaragua and look there. Your mechanic really should be able to source one out of donor vehicle to get the discs that he says you need much more easily than finding an alternate carb.

Good luck!

Sherif6 said:

Bent plates can be VERY HARD to straighten, especially while still in the carb. Of course if your mechanic has ANY experience with breaking those tiny little screws that hold the plates on, then he has probably based his diagnosis to you on this experience.

I have had good luck straightening the plates, but I can tell you it takes an uncommon touch to get those screws out intact and put them back in again.

If you're not running any emissions equipment, you might want to look at one of the Nardek carbs as another alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom