An 80 series confession- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doc

Threads
Currently I have 3 cars in the stable ( I won't say the garage, because I can't fit all three in there right now).

1. 1993 80 series, owned it and beat it to hell and back over the last 10 years or so.

2. 04 Escalade ESV- the family hauler and replacement for a 'burban I rolled spectacularly.

3. 01 540i- the midlife-crisis vehicle and commuter.

The Caddy and Bimmer get a lot more attention than the Toyota does. The Cruiser gets stuffed outside in the driveway and gets sprayed by lawn sprinklers, gets all the snow, baked in the sun, etc. The others get a more 'pampered' indoor sleep.

The Caddy and Bimmer get the 'expensive' parts and oil, and gas. The cruiser gets the basics and cheaper alternatives.

The Caddy and Bimmer get washed regularly (maybe excessively) and even waxed. The Cruiser? I'm not sure the last time it saw a wash mitt or a clay bar.

But, when the SHTF- and mother nature takes a dump on my commute (as she did this morning), guess which set of keys I grab?

She's old, she's rusty, even a little crusty- but none of the other cars I own can hold a candle to unbeatable feeling of always being able to get there like I get in the cruiser.

Here's to 20 years of reliability and always, ALWAYS getting me to point B.

user3199_pic4685_1230767174.jpg

I have an E39 too... 540i 6MT.

Ditto... my commuter is a Titanium Silver 02 530i Sport with style 5 wheels... which are my favorite wheels. Love the e39!

Wife's car is a 2012 Traverse LTZ...not looking forward to putting shoes on those 20" wheels.

When it really matters you know which one to take.

I needed some inspiration and a smile, appreciate this. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom