Ammo Can Propane Fire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just built one and couldn‘t be happier with the result. Wasn’t hard to make at all, mostly followed this write up but I used 3/8 fittings throughout - Small Project: DIY Ammo Can propane fire pit. - https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/small-project-diy-ammo-can-propane-fire-pit/131095/page1/

Will probably throw some bbq paint on the exposed metal but other than that it’s finished.

72A0EE5B-2AEB-487B-847B-12F341B2B03C.jpeg
3C67D06C-8FE4-4D64-8F4C-1A3E48F9BB15.jpeg
E9EEC13B-7C52-4FA0-9439-DCCC11B901D0.jpeg

nicely done, my kind of DIY in fact, but I don't know about inviting a crush for a romantic evening around this kind of campfire, although I imagine there are plenty of nice rugged SK gals... :)

nicely done, my kind of DIY in fact, but I don't know about inviting a crush for a romantic evening around this kind of campfire, although I imagine there are plenty of nice rugged SK gals... :)
If you’re the only one with a fire during a fire ban I could see it being pretty appealing. 😗

How hot does that quick-disconnect get? I assume there is an O-ring in there?

How hot does that quick-disconnect get? I assume there is an O-ring in there?
There is, I’m going to monitor it. I can move the extension to stop it from overheating if I have to, but I’m going to see how it does first.

This is cool. The 2 "retail" ammo can stoves I've seen both run right up at $200. I had thought about trying to build my own Partner stove, but I couldn't find a source for appropriate burners other than cannibalizing another propane camp stove.

^^ more like "out of the can" in this case... :)

Of course the day after I finish this project, a Camco Little Red Campfire shows up on my local FB marketplace for $50. They have never even sold these in Canada and I couldn’t pass it up for that price. Not sure how much use the ammo can fire will see in the end.

IMG_5580.JPEG

I've never seen one of those. Cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom