aluminum corners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just bought some aluminum to plate my rear corners and i was wondering what all of you with the corners have used to fasten them. i was thinking rivets or countersunk allen head bolts. any ideas. oh and i bought too much alum so i wiill be making a few extra sets if anyone is interested in them. let me know. prolly 50 a pair when i do them. it is 1/8th flat aluminum iif that means anything when i fasten them.

i used carriage bolts...they'll sink into the aluminum and create their own square hole.

i guess that would work, but i kind of want something flush. I am going to paint the aluminum flat black and i think the countersunk stainless screws would look decent. Also, should i bevel/chamfer the edges?

throw me a bone here. i know some of you have these items. what did you all use

When I bought my cruiser it had silver aluminum diamond plate on it with some ugly hex head bolts holding it on. I painted it with some bed liner kind of paint. It is more like a semi flat black that holds up pretty well. I bought some stainless hex buttonhead bolts and mounted it with those. They look way better than hex heads. Would look pretty cool on flat plate too I think.

tock,
thanks for the pic. my cruiser is green too. when i get done, it ought to look real nice. found some nice countersunk allen heads in stainless. i think i am going to go that route since i can buy them in bulk for cheap. thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom