Alternator inquiry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to wrap up a SBC conversion in my FJ40 (retaining the 4 speed), and I was wondering if anyone knows if I'm supposed to still use a stock Cruiser alternator or now go with a GM one. Also, do I need a different fuse box too? I've had some wiring problems, and rather than buying a whole new harness I opted to just take out the stock and go through everything, while also eliminating what I don't need. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

i agree with the previos post, go with the chevy one and go to the tech section they have the info on how to convert your cruiser to the internal regultor witch is what i did and yes its relitively easy, its all color coded. and if you want more power output use a 84 camaro alternator its rated at 100 amps, but you may have to upgrade the wiring to you amp gauge becuase the factory wire wont hadle that much juice. no you dont need a knew fuse box.

easy thing to do is buy the alt re fit bracket from AA or others. Better thing to do is get a good reman GM alt and go to the tech section and wire it up. COnverting stock LC wireing to SBC is simple. No need for a new harness.

That sounds like it should be pretty easy, especially since I can get a GM one cheaper. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom