alternator connections for fzj80 alt on a 1HZ in a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
putting a 12v 1hz in a 60 - reading here pointed me toward using an alternator from an fzj80 (which bolts in perfectly) but I'm needing help with how to wire it into fj60 system

the 80 alt has the B+ stud plus a plug connector with three pins in it, while stock 60 alt has the B+ stud but only two pins in its plug connector

pic shows 80 alt plug

searching has yielded toyota connector pigtail part 90980-10841 which looks correct to fit plug, but can anyone advise which of the pins to use, and where they need to connect into the 60 electrical system?

thanks

20210331_155103.jpg

This is the color code for the Toyota FZJ80 alternator pigtail I used for my 1HZ. Looking at the pigtail connector pins, the black wire on the left is your sense line, the middle green wire is your ignition, and the red on the right is the charge lamp.

putting a 12v 1hz in a 60 - reading here pointed me toward using an alternator from an fzj80 (which bolts in perfectly) but I'm needing help with how to wire it into fj60 system

the 80 alt has the B+ stud plus a plug connector with three pins in it, while stock 60 alt has the B+ stud but only two pins in its plug connector

pic shows 80 alt plug

searching has yielded toyota connector pigtail part 90980-10841 which looks correct to fit plug, but can anyone advise which of the pins to use, and where they need to connect into the 60 electrical system?

thanks

View attachment 2632018

This is the color code for the Toyota FZJ80 alternator pigtail I used for my 1HZ. Looking at the pigtail connector pins, the black wire on the left is your sense line, the middle green wire is your ignition, and the red on the right is the charge lamp.

thanks for the response - did you mean to attach a picture or something or are you referring to the pins as oriented in my pic? I don't have a fjz80 pigtail readily available

also would appreciate understanding what are the corresponding connections on OEM fj60 altternator/harness plug where there are just two vs three connections plus the B+ lug

appreciate you DB3, or anyone else that can help...

Last edited:
after a little more searching I believe this shows correct pin labels (as DB3 described)

assuming so can I connect IG and L to corresponding leads on fj60 harness plus then connect S to the B+ terminal along with the white/blue stock 60 harness connection? Or does the S pin need a seperate wire to the battery positive post?

thanks

annotated 80 alt connections.JPG

Unfortunately my pigtail is not color coded, but the photo should be enough to ID the pins. The sense on top is connected to a white wire coming from the fusible link, the middle is the black/yellow ignition wire, and the bottom is connected to the yellow charge lamp line. I cannot recall where the yellow charge wire was originally connected to the 60 alternator.

1HZ Alt IMG_7687.jpg

thanks for the pic

As I recall, I ran a separate sense line directly to the battery, but it’s been too long ago. I hardly remember what I did yesterday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom