Alpha equipt review. Bonus feature. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Originally posted this on the general whells tires area but it gets lost over there. No affiliation with alpha either. I'm a newbie to gx world on east coast. I literally don't know anyone so the forum has been helpful. After a long search I recently changed out my stock wheels on my 07 gx to the Alpha equipt delta 17x8.5 +10 in grey. I am running eibach lift, spc ucas, and 285 wildpeaks. I was a fan of the trd sema style in gunmetal but could never really accept that they are 7 wide. I liked the looks of the alphas and they look even better in person but there is a bonus function wise.

IMG_20200718_090407.jpg

u

IMG_20200717_173652.jpg

These wheels have 2 valve stems!

I contemplated putting trail ready rapid air down valves in the bonus spot but that a project for a different time. Can't wait to see someone else try.

Instead I bought some of the Bluetooth valvecaps off Amazon to monitor tire pressure and put them in the main protected spot and have standard rubber stems in the other. Now I have cheap, precise tire monitoring. This works really well so far. I will keep posting on longevity.

Yes. I'll post a link. It was like 40 bucks.
Pretty cool. Did the bluetooth caps come with the monitoring system?

The sensor is this one.

Amazon product ASIN B07T9M8T24
It is accurate as I aired down one tire in the photos above with arb rapid deflator to exactly 15 psi.

They are nice! I am running the limited run of the last GXOR wheel. They just released a hammered bronze GXOR wheel for the next batch.

76998715_10156834709288123_446161241363185664_n.jpg

Nice looking wheel.

I checked the website and cant find a weight listed anywhere. Happen to know the weight?

27#

When it comes to weight don't forget to compare apples to apples. For example I was also considering the TRD SEMA wheels that a lot of guys run and they are 25 lbs but they are also only 7 inches wide. These alphaequipt Delta's are 8.5 wide so the +2 lbs makes sense. Pretty sure the V8 can handle the extra 8 lbs

8 pounds of unsprung weight per corner is huge! There are more than a couple choices for 17x8.5 wheels in the sub 25# range.
8 pounds equates to poorer fuel economy as it takes more effort to rotate.

I had Mk8 wheels that were in the 29# range. I switched to a lighter wheel and tire combo and saw mpg increases. Better mpg means I can go farther on the same tank.

I totally get that minor differences aren't important to everyone. But with the platform being the same (a 4.7 V8 in a GX470, I'd opt for a wheel that offers the dimensions I need at the lightest weight possible). To each their own though.

These are great looking wheels though.

8 pounds of unsprung weight per corner is huge! There are more than a couple choices for 17x8.5 wheels in the sub 25# range.
8 pounds equates to poorer fuel economy as it takes more effort to rotate.

I had Mk8 wheels that were in the 29# range. I switched to a lighter wheel and tire combo and saw mpg increases. Better mpg means I can go farther on the same tank.

I totally get that minor differences aren't important to everyone. But with the platform being the same (a 4.7 V8 in a GX470, I'd opt for a wheel that offers the dimensions I need at the lightest weight possible). To each their own though.

These are great looking wheels though.
You obviously know a lot about this. .. but don't you mean 2 lbs off unsprung weight per corner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom