ALL Accounts Security Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tried the tool. Something similar to old pw: 42 minutes. Then entered a long random string of characters: 17 decillion years. Didn't know "decillion" was a thing...

Cool..

said..
It would take a computer about

15 billion years

to crack your password

As of 3:09p Mountain time, 6009 users have successfully reset passwords :)

Believe this at your own peril.

i guess the days of using your Dog named " JACK " as your primary password to all your user id's & log-in's in life is over ... :confused:

I use a very specific formula that generates unique passwords for all of my forum passwords. This change makes that formula null and void. Saying that I'm unhappy with this change is putting it mildly. If I can't manually regenerate the password then my ability to participate in the forum is eliminated.

Sooo...how many to go? :)
Guessing about 50% of users who have accessed the forum since Jan 1 will return...so, 4000ish :)

Maybe more. Maybe less. Maybe more or less. There are 149,000 usernames that are still "locked" but a huge majority of those are inactive...many registered to find one answer, or sell a rig, etc and never return.

6295 have successfully reset. A dozen or so have required a 2nd password reset email, 6000 required no additional assistance, and the balance were using geocities accounts for email and required updates :D

Guessing about 50% of users who have accessed the forum since Jan 1 will return...so, 4000ish :)

Maybe more. Maybe less. Maybe more or less. There are 149,000 usernames that are still "locked" but a huge majority of those are inactive...many registered to find one answer, or sell a rig, etc and never return.

6295 have successfully reset. A dozen or so have required a 2nd password reset email, 6000 required no additional assistance, and the balance were using geocities accounts for email and required updates :D
So, 10k hardcore users mainlining Mud, more or less?

So, 10k hardcore users mainlining Mud, more or less?
ish....that's the "regulars". Daily, somewhere around 5000 unique registered stop thru. Then add in 25,000 non-registered guests who end up on 'MUD from a Google search.

Those 25k turn into 50 new user registrations daily. Obviously, the majority are just here for the free cookies, but a handful will turn into daily contributors :)

I have more stats than I know what to do with.

ish....that's the "regulars". Daily, somewhere around 5000 unique registered stop thru. Then add in 25,000 non-registered guests who end up on 'MUD from a Google search.

Those 25k turn into 50 new user registrations daily. Obviously, the majority are just here for the free cookies, but a handful will turn into daily contributors :)

I have more stats than I know what to do with.
Hey, post 'em up. Addicts love to know they're not alone.

Hey, post 'em up. Addicts love to know they're not alone.

The busiest forum section is 200's tech... 1.79% of total pageviews. Next up is 100's tech, then 80's tech, classifieds (general), then 40/55 tech. 986k pageviews a week.

The busiest forum section is 200's tech... 1.79% of total pageviews. Next up is 100's tech, then 80's tech, classifieds (general), then 40/55 tech. 986k pageviews a week.
I would have guessed 80 tech being the busiest. Fjcruiser tech has to be the slowest. Only two people post on that forum. 200 tech is surprising

It sucks, but it had to be done. And likely will need to be done periodically in the future too. Keep your email address on your account up to date.

ALL 180k+ accounts on the forum need to reset their password. That includes moderators, Vendors, everyone.

You may reset your password using the email address that is associated with your account. This email addy is the ONLY identifier that proves ownership of your account. If you no longer have access to that email address due to job/life changes, then you need to use the Contact Us form and let me know the email addy that IS on the account, AND the email addy you wish your account updated to. OLD and NEW. Telling me public info like your signature line and your build thread specs won't cut it.

The "Forgot your password?" link is located immediately below the Login box in the right column of the home forum page.

Password minimums have changed. Additional info on this can be found at:

BE SURE your new password exceeds the minimums outlined in the above thread. #ih8crappypasswords

ALSO...most email services have spam filters...and forum password reset emails are notoriously marked as SPAM. You may need to search your inbox/spam/junk folders. Or...for long term happiness, add IH8MUD.com to your email whitelist.
I reset my password and it is still showing security locked. Please help
Dan

What’s the order when it comes to actual post frequency? Granted, 80s are way ahead of 200s, but we’ve been at it longer.

I reset my password and it is still showing security locked. Please help
Dan
If it was locked, you wouldn't be posting...

Browser cache? Maybe try a different browser or browser restart and see if it clears?
My guess is simply "X"-ing out the banner that announces it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom