alignment issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took my 94 to a local shop/body shop to correct a drifting(right) annoyance. The truck dosent pull but it drifts. They said the toe was at .9 and zeroed it to .19. But it still drfits, its not as bad though. I added 33 BFG KOs a couple of months ago and concerned with uneven tire wear. Is this a big concern for bad tire wear if it only drifts? When applying the brakes it tends to pull to the right vs. drift.
I was in a small chain reaction accident, both cars were in line not offset to where it could bend anything.

Chris

so no one has had alignment issues on the rig??

Chris - have you inspected the brake pads for uneven wear?

Perhaps you have a sticking caliper that's causing this.

Riley

I have not checked the calipers yet. I rebuilt the knuckles a couple of months back something could have happened there.

Chris

I was actually going to post a question about this. My truck wonders a bit while at higher speeds 60+ and I've got the OME castor correction bushings in, but I'm trying to figgure out if it is castor related or just really really crappy allignment related. I did go to NTB :slap: so I think my problem stems from that. I'm going to take it in for another alignment soon so if anything changes I'll post. If anyone else finds anything or knows something, let me know.

-Bryan

Bryan,

Do you know what your caster measures now?

I have no idea, and I'm not sure on how to check it either. Whats involved in checking it?

Caster needs to be measured on an alignment rack. OEM spec is 3 degrees plus or minus 1 degree. anything less than 2 degrees is not desirable.

Gotcha, when I take it in for an alignment, I'll find out what the castor is.

Thanks,
Bryan

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=9784;start=msg87440#msg87440 date=1073630355]
Caster needs to be measured on an alignment rack. OEM spec is 3 degrees plus or minus 1 degree. anything less than 2 degrees is not desirable.
[/quote]

A good shop should check all that if they have problems to align the truck.

Mike

When did the drift start vs the accident and vs the new tires? Also, being "in line" does not mean that nothing can get bent in a collision.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom