Alibaba 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They have been selling new 1HZ engines for 4-5 years. But the $300 1HZ cyl heads are Chinese made.

Obviously that's very much a "buyer beware" option. You could pick up a decent engine there... or you could get sent a heap of junk. The 1HZ is such a common engine, that wouldn't be my first port of call. You're in Australia too, so you're probably aware if you hop on gumtree you can find a fair few private sales right now, or if you want a warranty you'll find engines a plenty at a proper wrecker for a bit more $$$.

Like I said though, the 1HZ is unbelievably common. They've been in production for over 30 years. They're still used in new vehicles from Toyota to this day. You shouldn't have look far or pay a fortune to source a good condition used motor for a reasonable price. If you're stuck in a market where they didn't see much domestic usage, like the US, I'd look to other sources for an import before I went to Alibaba. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

$550 for a used complete 1HZ is good deal anywhere. I bought one here for $500AUD and sold bits and pieces for a $1000 and I still have half of it. But you have to ask questions, the pic shows a 3 cyl or a V6 diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom