Alaska Cruiser Trek 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was actually a lame attempt at a joke!
But yah I'll prolly be one of the more "mud challenged" rigs there. I don't think I can swing 37's due to the extra work fitting them, but I do plan on getting new 35's that will be better mudders than my old style mtr's. I really like the new kevlar mtr's on my heep, and I've read that they are fairly good in mud, and are close to an actual 35" when mounted. Anybody have any mud experiance with them?

Oh yeah, I knew you were joking. :) However I am seriously wondering about the potential mess we might have with this many rigs in some of the marshier spots we might encounter. We very well may spend some time walking ahead of the lead rig blazing a route cross country to work our way around a spot or two if we head down the Chistochina River Trail. Kevin and I have had to do this a couple times in our explorations. We follow a faint fading trail laid down by a cat being walked to a mine site years ago in the winter and reach a spot where it crawled straight across a marsh. This sets us off to walk the Cruisers around the edge to hopefully bypass it on the high side.

When Charla was up this summer we had to do this to find a way around a marsh we had been crossing ourselves. After my rig was disabled and we were coming out all in Kevin's '40 we could not take a chance of getting stuck trying to get across it. As it turned out we found a spot where the flow of water passed through a section of terrain with some boulders under the sod and gave us firm footing to get across without another miles or two of circumnavigating the lake feeding the bogs.

Mark...

Boy....... that looks like alot of fun, hope to get up that way one year.

Rob

I'm planning on a trip up to Deadhorse after the Trek. I figure as long as I am up there, I might as well see as much as I can. I plan on at least 6 weeks up there, maybe 8, maybe 10?

I am not planning on staying as long as you, but if all goes well on the Trek, I would like to do the Deadhorse run a few days after the the Trek.

Sounds good. We have some time but let's keep in touch. I was thinking of going up to Deadhorse a few days after the Trek. I will probably need a few days to clean up the gear and get organized.

I too will need several days, I am driving the tow rig with 4 cruisers and the other drivers and passengers are flying up, so I will need to their rigs loaded on the trailer at Marks shop and people to the airport and get cleaned up and resupplied.

For all of the folks who are coming up this year.... I am missing a couple of email addys. I have some info on the trails we will be using to get out to everyone. If you would, please make a point of forwarding your addy to me at MarkCruisersOnly@Gmail.com Even if you think I have yr email, send it to me again.

And pop into the Alaska Cruiser Trek 2010 page in FB for some more info on this stuff I am getting ready to send out.

Thanks!

Mark...

I can't believe your going again Roger.. Good for you. I miss the bantering from 08. Should be a cheaper trip this time with the lower cost of fuel. Good luck on the hip replacement..

I can't believe your going again Roger.. Good for you. I miss the bantering from 08...

"the bantering"? What bantering was that? I can't believe your not joining this trek! It most certainly will not be the same without you!

Who's going to help me fish?

How is Salena doing and what is she doing? School, I hope.

Last edited:
I can't believe your going again Roger.. Good for you. I miss the bantering from 08. Should be a cheaper trip this time with the lower cost of fuel. Good luck on the hip replacement..

You will be missed, Salena was doing a good job of teaching you how to drive, think you could handle this one with out her. :)
I took on a big project doing the 60 build from the ground up and loosing 3 weeks for the Hip replacement has slowed me down, but should get it done in time. I see Doctor Monday and hope to be released to light duty in the shop.

For those people coming up the Alaska Hiway, we're having a mud bog on June 19. in Fort Nelson BC(mile 300) stop in for a beer or if you require assistance and Charla I still owe you a rip in the mud pit

For those people coming up the Alaska Hiway, we're having a mud bog on June 19. in Fort Nelson BC(mile 300) stop in for a beer or if you require assistance and Charla I still owe you a rip in the mud pit

Oh I miss that place... like bad smell.

"the bantering"? What bantering was that? I can't believe your not joining this trek! It most certainly will not be the same without you!

Who's going to help me fish?

How is Salena doing and what is she doing? School, I hope.

You will be missed, Salena was doing a good job of teaching you how to drive, think you could handle this one with out her. :)
I took on a big project doing the 60 build from the ground up and loosing 3 weeks for the Hip replacement has slowed me down, but should get it done in time. I see Doctor Monday and hope to be released to light duty in the shop.

I miss you guys.. Is Coffee Bob going too? Selina says hey. She is working part-time and school part-time. She's been driving the 80 on trails while I drive my 40. I am going to Cruise Moab this year and possibly Black Hills. Roger.. welcome to the land of wagons... Say hi to the gang for me. Have fun and be careful.

Any idea if the FSJ one is happing again? Probably will be because there is a lot of redneck fun to be had on 'Mudders Day' here. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sounds like fun, but my schedule has me passing through Fort Nelson on the 17/18, and I must keep movin as I have to be in Wassila on the 21/ 22 ed to unload and pick up incomming passengers at the airport on the evening of the 22 ed. Then another group on the 23 ed.

Isn't Charla going to be pre Running ACT?

I hope to be. :)

For all those who've given me flack about my post about the FNelson mud bog, when I posted my comment to Dean I didn't realize that there was a conflict of dates there. I thought I had a bit more prep time left :bang:

I have no secret agenda not to be in AK this summer, or not to be pre running the trails as planned.

Those who know me well know that I fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to my schedule and that years ago I learned to preserve my happiness by never getting my hopes up too much because it seemed everytime I made hard fast plans some external factor came around to obliterate them.

So, while I anticipate being there to pre run the trails I really won't know for sure that I'll be there until I'm sitting in Orange at the trail head getting ready to leave.

I have spoken.

Today I'll find out if the blind OOP inspector I have a lead on will be willing to inspect Orange at night in a snow storm... although I'm about half way through the repairs needed after the preinspection by a mechanic here in town. Wish me luck!

:flamingo:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom