Alarm going off... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
98 LC

In the past couple of days my alarm goes off on it's own... If you wait it will reset but go off again in a few minutes..

What might cause it ?

My rear hatch light switch needs replacing or adjusting as the door agar warning light will come on going down the road, but if I close the hatch firmly it won't do it..

You think the two things are connected ?

Would the switch for the lights from the hatch opening be setting off the alarm ?

Thanks in advance..

Is it aftermarket? I thought the 100s have passive systems.

macneill said:
Is it aftermarket? I thought the 100s have passive systems.

The standard alarm I guess.. the horn is sounding and the lights are flashing.. I didn't know about it unitl it went off.. I think it is standard as the unlock feature of the key turns it off.. Must be stock as the panic button does the same thing I think..

Rugster said:
98 LC

In the past couple of days my alarm goes off on it's own... If you wait it will reset but go off again in a few minutes..

What might cause it ?

My rear hatch light switch needs replacing or adjusting as the door agar warning light will come on going down the road, but if I close the hatch firmly it won't do it..

You think the two things are connected ?

Would the switch for the lights from the hatch opening be setting off the alarm ?

Thanks in advance..

I would say almost definately. The truck thinks that the door is being opened with the alarm on and is triggering. I had the same trouble with my hood on my old Grand Cherokee. The FIPK I had on it caused the hood to not hold the alarm sensor down enough and it would just go off at random times in the night. I ended up just disconnecting the sensor, but I don't know if you could do that on the cruiser. But, I would imagine that that switch is the root of your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom