AHC Spacers - Possible Group buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ended up purchasing a set as well. I haven't even opened the box but have had them for about a month. I've been too busy to even do the AHC sensor lift. Big plans but little time. Old house, dead giant trees that died with the drought, two children under 6...all excuses

I paid about $165 or so and that was shipped. I thought there would be shipping but when I paid my PP invoice, they arrived several days later.

My apologizes to all on not closing this out but I hope this helps.

I realize I'm the last guy to the party on this, BUT, are any of these still out there available? Id like a set.

OK cool. Many thanks for the reply. Ill send Dave an email. :beer:

As soon as anyone gets around to installing these we (me specifically) would love to hear your experiences - especially with the front. I did speak with member "ihadmail" on this topic but others feel free to chime in.

it would be much appreciated

As soon as anyone gets around to installing these we (me specifically) would love to hear your experiences - especially with the front. I did speak with member "ihadmail" on this topic but others feel free to chime in.

it would be much appreciated
I installed mine a while back. It sucked. The AHC shocks are hydraulic so you can't just compress them by hand to line up the spacers. You have to let them fully unload and then line it all up. The upper ball joint on the front would not allow that full movement so I had to disconnect the upper ball joint, then slide in the spacer and bolt it up THEN reattach the upper ball joint. don't try to do it with the upper ball connected. You will hate life very quickly. The rears were much easier. I just had to get the rig high enough in the air to fully allow the axle to drop down past the length of the AHC shock fully extended. I then bolted on the spacers and raised the axle enough to line it all up. It's really surprising how little down travel the shocks have when your rig is in the "H" mode. I think the front had about an 1" and the rear about 1.5". Makes sense on why I was bottoming things out.

I installed mine a while back. It sucked. The AHC shocks are hydraulic so you can't just compress them by hand to line up the spacers. You have to let them fully unload and then line it all up. The upper ball joint on the front would not allow that full movement so I had to disconnect the upper ball joint, then slide in the spacer and bolt it up THEN reattach the upper ball joint. don't try to do it with the upper ball connected. You will hate life very quickly. The rears were much easier. I just had to get the rig high enough in the air to fully allow the axle to drop down past the length of the AHC shock fully extended. I then bolted on the spacers and raised the axle enough to line it all up. It's really surprising how little down travel the shocks have when your rig is in the "H" mode. I think the front had about an 1" and the rear about 1.5". Makes sense on why I was bottoming things out.

so you did all this ...

and then got an alignment right ? :bang:

This is getting more and more expensive.

The regain in down travel was probably well worth it .. but was the ride noticeably smoother?

thanks for the knowledge - probably saved a lot of us a future headache

Thanks for posting this info from your install. Your method was much different, and most likely easier, than what I had envisioned. Thankfully I will be installing new UCA also so I can just do the spacer install while the UCA are off.

so you did all this ...

and then got an alignment right ? :bang:

This is getting more and more expensive.

The regain in down travel was probably well worth it .. but was the ride noticeably smoother?

thanks for the knowledge - probably saved a lot of us a future headache
The ride quality was the same minus the occasional bump of the shock bottoming out. The bump noise is now gone. I did get an alignment done after I finished up all of the suspension stuff. Not sure if it was needed, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Guys, any update on these spacers? Likes/dislikes? How have they held up?

Is Dave the person to email if we are wanting to purchase a set? Thanks

I've been Googling for a while. Are these still available? I'm planning on doing the sensor lift with these and the king springs.

I've been Googling for a while. Are these still available? I'm planning on doing the sensor lift with these and the king springs.
Same here.

You should still be able to get them through Dave. Just shoot him an email.

Email stedman@japan4x4.com with an inquiry.

Dave got these to me pretty quickly a couple years back and he also was the cheapest source at that time for replacement OEM globes.

Not sure where else you will be able to locate these short of fabbing them up yourself or finding a used set someone is unloading.

ETA...corrected Dave's email. Sorry for the typo @2006 LX470!! Thanks for the correction and glad you were able to get ahold of him...

Last edited:
Just emailed that address and received the following:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<steadman@japan4x4.com>:
550: 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom