AHC Removal in Long Island New York - anyone know a good shop to do the work? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So like all AHCs mine bit the dust this week with leaks. I've ordered a slee lift kit to replace the AHC, but am struggling to find a mechanic around the Hampton Bays/Riverhead area that knows the system and how to replace. Just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for shops to do this work? It's going to be an expensive job, just want to get it right! Thanks everyone.

If you are replacing with a conventional suspension it won't really matter that the shop removing it be familiar with AHC.

Make sure you get new t bars; the AHC bars won't be able to support the truck with the rest of the system gone.

If all else fails Prestige Toyota in Kingston will definitely help you. Tell them Kristy sent you.

Thanks for the info. Will see if my local shop can do it, getting the slee off-road OME 1.5 lift. Anyone else have any experience to share?

I used to live in east northport!
Going to look up hunters now and see.

Used to be a great guy up larkfield past 25a almost up to crab meadow named Steve, ran a shop there had a sweet fj40 but moved south last I heard

Ps I'm on the south shore now

Yeah I bought some parts from that guy Steve when he was selling off a trashed 40. Some of those are on my 40 now.
You should probably call Hunter's before you head up there given everything going on. As far as I know they are open, they were last week.

I would call Glen and discuss. For basic work I would advise learning to do it yourself - if possible. That's one of the joys of the Land Cruiser world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom