AHC failed after accident (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was in an accident with most the impact on the front DS wheel.
AHC failed in the front and truck was sitting on the bump stops... just in the front.
Pump reservoir is still full.

Has anyone heard of this happening?
Any links or information showing this happening?

My insurance says the vehicle is to old for their "Crash" department to look into past issues with AHC and accidents.

I think one of the Globes failed but can this be caused by accident or is it just bad luck that this happened the next day after the accident?

Any advise?

Any fluid around the shock itself? Given the location of the impact, that seems like the most likely location for a seal to get tweaked and not maintain pressure.

I took it to a shop and they said I needed DS new upper and lower control arms, both front shocks and both front sensors... but I am not sure they know what they're talking about.
Insurance came and guy said it couldn't see any impact and since it's old it's a maintenance item and they will not cover any of it.

I don't see any damage to anything and no leaking fluid at shocks..... but it's not right.

I just want to make sure that if it's accident related that it's fixed by insurance and if it's just bad timing then oh well. But I've only had it a month and no issues at all. I have Techsteam and ran all the test I found here on Mud and all looked good to go.

Last edited:
Depending on the damage, they might be right if the driver side UCA, shock and sensor are damaged, but I doubt the passenger side are bad (assuming they were okay before the accident). I'm no expert but maybe if you post some pics of the damage, you'll get more replies.

I edited my response above to clarify that only the DS control arms were quoted... but both sides for shocks and sensors.

Body damage was quoted at $3K

I did remove the AHC last weekend and put OME 2.5" Med and have all the components for them to take and review but I am not sure that's a good idea as they will probably just say they are old and wore out.

I did not know there was a limp mode for AHC

I would have connected a techstream or scanner able to read ahc parameter to see what the pressure and sensor reading are

...I did remove the AHC last weekend and put OME 2.5" Med and have all the components for them to take and review but I am not sure that's a good idea as they will probably just say they are old and wore out.
I did not know there was a limp mode for AHC
If you put in OME, why are we talking AHC?

Anyhow, most likely culprit would be the sensor for that corner, or the connection/wiring to it. It does not come up as a fault code, but you can see it by looking at the data in TechStream.
State of the globes does not affect the height adjustment at all, as long as it's there and not leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom