Aftermarket ECU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
capeq.com
Have a 4.7v8 JDM 100 series- 2001

ITs in amazing condition- just 65k miles, but has an intermittent ECU fault, which is proving hard to repair because the JDM ECUs and UK (where i am) ECUs are coded differently.

I am planning on installing a supercharger in the not too distant future.

A logical solution is to install an aftermarket ECU that takes over the running of the engine, but allows the OEM ECU to supply information to the other ECUs (such as ATRAC, AHC etc)

Has anyone done this before and can you recommend an ECU? i've been searching the internet for a suitable solution- there was a thread here where someone had done it, but i can't find it :(

Thanks everyone.

Not a 100 series guy but came across this while researching standalone ECUs for an 80 series. One main question is if your truck is auto or manual? Auto trucks are harder to convert to standalone because you also have to control the auto although there are some that have used a standalone for the engine control and stock ECU for auto but that may not help in your case.

Regardless it is possible to do it all with a Haltech Elite 2500, but finding someone to make a custom harness and then configure and tune it for use with an auto will be difficult and quite expensive. They also support traction control etc.

Would love to see a fully working standalone with a 100 series but you're probably better off sourcing a replacement ECU or finding someone to repair yours.

Checkout my post might be of interest to you.

I use a maxxecu as standalone, works great but it takes some work and isnt cheap. Cheaper then Halltech and Motec. Should be able to find a dealer and tuner in the UK. Have them just make a plugnplay harness to your stock wiring.

But... should be much easier and cheaper to just source a stock ecu. Then get piggy back just for extra fuel when you add SC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom