After 4 years the build finally begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome work! Another one is saved from soccer mom mediocrity!

Got my alignment done today, OME is definitely stiffer than the worn out factory suspension but I’m a happy man.

Also, that maxi trac Napa awning is legit. I didn’t think I’d use an awning all that much but I’ve already had it out like 3 times for various rreasons

I finally took my tree to an exhaust shop to have them remove the 02 sensor on the drivers side. Apparently even when they did it the only option was to drill and re-tap. I got it home and installed the new denso sensor. I cleared the code and two days later, glowing orange friend is back. I’m thinking that it’s the cat since both sensors are new Denso sensors and a played a long misfire game that ended with new plugs and coils. Any other thoughts before I dump more money into it?

Also the shop that ran my codes for the VSC off and VSC TRAC lights said, yaw rate sensor needed to be replaced. I got one on eBay and replaced it. Any idea if they need to be hooked up and calibrated or did I buy a dud?

One of the more popular YouTubers “last line of defense” just got a white 07 sequoia. Excited to see his build.

In other news, I’ve realized I’m going to have to replace my valve cover gaskets and cv axles. Ordered a catalytic converter to hopefully remove any emissions issues and I’m going to setup an appt to get my yaw rate sensor calibrated. Excited to be dash light free

One of the more popular YouTubers “last line of defense” just got a white 07 sequoia. Excited to see his build.

In other news, I’ve realized I’m going to have to replace my valve cover gaskets and cv axles. Ordered a catalytic converter to hopefully remove any emissions issues and I’m going to setup an appt to get my yaw rate sensor calibrated. Excited to be dash light free
The youtuber is keeping it basic. I wouldn’t expect anything you haven’t already seen 100 times by now. If you want real sequoia work/tech you follow JimSmola .

Are you planning to wheel this? If so the CDL mod is a must. I’d also suggest rebooting the CVs in lieu of replacement unless you’re going with CVJ axles. My 2 cents.

A few updates.

Ordered all new Denso ignition coils, and replaced them after cyl 8 threw a misfire.
My 4 month old Chinese Amazon ignition coils were just as bad as everyone on here says they are. Everyone always says, buy Denso… well when you think you might be the one who can cheap out and not pay for it, you’re wrong.

I also had to replace my drivers side cat, which I ended up with a Walkers kit. This was what my local exhaust shop said was about the best as far as aftermarket cats go. I had a bad mis fire on the way back from a camping trip, turns out I burned fuel going through a cat will in fact ruin it. I ordered the walkers kit from Rock Auto and after a couple trips to Ace for some new hardware I’m check engine light free.

I have a few new issues that popped up that will need to be addressed.
1. A leak from my steering rack. Doesn’t appear that bad but I also have play in my steering as well as some wobble. I’m assuming that will be next.
2. Pops and clicks in front end. Sounds like cv axles. The boots are torn and as of today have 199093 miles on them. And about 350 of tha has been after a lift. Anyone know if you can just replace boots and re-pack with grease to eliminate that?
3.faint smell of anti freeze when I park. Every other month I need to top off my coolant tank. Never overheating so I’m going to start with new hoses and work to tank then radiator if need be.
4. Sunroof motor, not a priority but this is my weekend cruiser, not a daily. I use this to take my family to the beach every weekend, and a sunroof is nice for that.

After all of that she should be buttoned up, until I need sliders and bumpers.

A few updates.

Ordered all new Denso ignition coils, and replaced them after cyl 8 threw a misfire.
My 4 month old Chinese Amazon ignition coils were just as bad as everyone on here says they are. Everyone always says, buy Denso… well when you think you might be the one who can cheap out and not pay for it, you’re wrong.

I also had to replace my drivers side cat, which I ended up with a Walkers kit. This was what my local exhaust shop said was about the best as far as aftermarket cats go. I had a bad mis fire on the way back from a camping trip, turns out I burned fuel going through a cat will in fact ruin it. I ordered the walkers kit from Rock Auto and after a couple trips to Ace for some new hardware I’m check engine light free.

I have a few new issues that popped up that will need to be addressed.
1. A leak from my steering rack. Doesn’t appear that bad but I also have play in my steering as well as some wobble. I’m assuming that will be next.
2. Pops and clicks in front end. Sounds like cv axles. The boots are torn and as of today have 199093 miles on them. And about 350 of tha has been after a lift. Anyone know if you can just replace boots and re-pack with grease to eliminate that?
3.faint smell of anti freeze when I park. Every other month I need to top off my coolant tank. Never overheating so I’m going to start with new hoses and work to tank then radiator if need be.
4. Sunroof motor, not a priority but this is my weekend cruiser, not a daily. I use this to take my family to the beach every weekend, and a sunroof is nice for that.

After all of that she should be buttoned up, until I need sliders and bumpers.
I used these boots and repacked after they tore. Certainly worth a shot, but if they are clicking, they may be done SDHQ.
CVJ are Toyota parts and you have to send back your Toyota axles

Reviving a thread from the dead, but what suspension was this truck running?

‘Twas merely napping, this thread. It’s in the posts on page 2. OME 2.5”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom