After 4 years the build finally begins (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sequoia is a friend’s…and yes, 1” spacers all around. While not a fan of spacers myself (because I’d be the guy whose wheel passes him on the highway), he’s been running spacers for 6 years and 2 sets of wheels with no issues to date.
I’ve been “that guy” with my ‘03 Tundra. There’s nothing quite like watching a 35” MTZ passing you in the oncoming lane heading straight for the front end of a BMW Z5 in the twisty roads of the Nor-Cal Redwoods...

If properly installed, and properly maintained, spacers can be fine. Both times I’ve had issues with spacers it has been shortly after allowing “trained professionals” touch my truck. I try not to allow that anymore.

I ran spacers with my LX on 35’s and trailed it pretty hard with no issues for the 6 months I had it. I’m planning a 285/75/17 on the stock wheels for the sequoia because I actually like the stock wheels on white, so I just ordered some 1.25” from Josh over at 1st gen. 3” lift goes on this weekend and we’ll see how the tires go.

As an FYSA in this thread, the 17” FJC steelies fit/clear fine on that first Gen Sequoia…owner just preferred the stance with 1” spacers.

The stance is perfect on the steelies with spacer. I agree they would look too tucked in without.

WTF does FYSA mean?

For Your Situational Awareness

Fysa just blew my mind

I’ve forwarded so many emails at work with FYSA over the years that I figured it was common. 🤷

Maybe I should stick to FYI.

FYI, TWBAGI*...

*That Would Be A Good Idea. :rofl:

It’s lift week. I’m going to start the process Saturday, I’ve lifted my old f150 so I’m hoping this goes pretty smoothly. I’ll post pics as I get things done.

Since it’s Friday, I figured we should put all the acronym spacers behind us, and motivate you for your weekend ahead! Hopefully it’s warm in SC these days. It’s hovering right at freezing here these days and my motivation to work in the great outdoors is lacking. Looking forward to pics of your freshly lifted Seq with the new wheels etc installed!:beer:

It’s a crisp 81 today and sunny. Thanks and I’ll post up some pics as I start making progress

Did somebody say lift? I just started on mine today and only accomplished LBJ’s. I can’t get the spring compressed on the shocks to save my ****ing life. Using one of those stupid spring compressors and still out of reach by at least an inch. Should have just had Josh assemble them. Worth the money!

Oh yeah I had Josh pre-assemble mine. Plus you get new top hats and isolators. Worthy it.

You can take it to 4wheel parts or another off road shop and they can do it for around$75. Had them do that for some 5100s.

Here’s what I have waiting for tomorrow

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sofa King Badass! I can’t wait to see that on your truck! I bet you are even more keen to see it done!:hillbilly:

What are the tires? 285/75-16s? BFG ATs are the gold standard in my world.

So made some good progress today but not finished. I had swimming lessons with my daughter this morning and wound up not getting home until after 1. The first side took a while because I realized I needed some more ball joint tools from auto zone.

Second side only took about an hour. I’ll get into the back tomorrow.

Bad news is I need new tie rod ends and they won’t be here until monday. And after putting on the fronts, I’m going to need some wheel spacers, they are touching the brake calipers.

Here’s the suspension buttoned up with everything as well as a stock, before photo.

4C02D4F4-39A7-4AFA-9489-E45455E02058.jpeg

D7369D85-E0AF-4606-B1B4-EEF6E3A87256.jpeg

That is one clean looking undercarriage!

My in laws are in florida, this thing has barely seen the weather in the 40s, let alone salty roads.

I’ve done my best to keep it clean and sand the rust and hit it with undercarriage paint.

Waiting on the outer tie rod ends and spacers but the lift is all finished. Rear wasn’t all that bad. If I ever do this again, I’m getting a better Jack. The husky 3 ton got too much of a workout

F65D4D82-83CE-4C4E-A9B1-8F2533AB1A11.jpeg

Waiting on the outer tie rod ends and spacers but the lift is all finished. Rear wasn’t all that bad. If I ever do this again, I’m getting a better Jack. The husky 3 ton got too much of a workout

View attachment 2938696
What a transformation! Great stance. Love the choice of tires and wheels. The first gen Sequoia really looks awesome when tastefully modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom