aFe Power Momentum GT Cold Air Intake Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ATTENTION GX460 OWNERS!

aFe Momentum GT Cold Air Intake Group Buy:

Complete the official registration form in the link below to participate in the aFe POWER Momentum GT Cold Air Intake package group buy for the 2010-2019 Lexus GX 460 with the 4.6L V8.
Submit completed form and you will receive a request for a $100 deposit to secure your spot to receive these parts first. This is a limited time group buy offer.

Products will be shipped in order of registration and paid deposit. You will be notified of the shipment via email two weeks prior.

Shipping Late February-Early March

Group Buy Package Includes:

• Momentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/ Pro DRY S Air Filter
  • Pro-GUARD 7 Replacement Air Filter
  • Filter Restore Kit
  • Pre-Filter
  • Free Shipping (48 States)
** Package Original Price: $613.86 **
** Pre-Order Special Price: $392.78 **

26FC7E33-59F9-4A21-9994-5C7A247EDBF7.jpeg

With all due respect, is there any data on what kind of performance/cost savings in MPG this can pull off?
Generally if one does something to free up air intake, one must also do something to free up exhaust to see any real return on investment.
Or it's kind of like backing up the plumbing a wee bit.

No disrespect taken. It’s a good point and valid question. I reach out to get you an answer from an aFe Engineer...
“An intake will help gain better MPG when paired with an appropriate exhaust that still maintains enough backpressure.
However usually we see customers report an extra 1-2 mpg after just an intake installation. The stock exhaust usually flows well enough for the intake to make that gain.
As far as manufacturers certified MPG gain, that will never happen. There are too many variables in how people drive and what conditions they’re in for us to guarantee any gain. We can only go by anecdotal evidence right now. I don’t think any manufacturer certifies that. We can only certify flow increase over stock because we have an actual flow bench test machine. We can’t necessarily translate that flow increase to mpg increase accurately for everyone.”

CARB approved? If not they will not ship it to a CA address. :(

I honestly have not seen any cold intake make any difference in cars. If anything I would do snorkel which WILL provide better airflow and better for hot desert environments......plus chicks dig them.

Counter intuitive to move intake lower in a vehicle that is meant to go Offroad and possibly fording water. Although the kit looks like just an air box? If the COLD intake sucking air from the HOT engine bay then it’s plain dumb.

I honestly have not seen any cold intake make any difference in cars. If anything I would do snorkel which WILL provide better airflow and better for hot desert environments......plus chicks dig them.

Counter intuitive to move intake lower in a vehicle that is meant to go Offroad and possibly fording water. Although the kit looks like just an air box? If the COLD intake sucking air from the HOT engine bay then it’s plain dumb.
You're absolutely right Qball!!! Added a snorkel to my GX and I can't keep my wife off of me!!! 🤣
Seriously, I personally love the adventure look of a snorkel, and of course one cannot ford two or three feet of water in our GX's. But when I'm on a dirt trail following several other vehicles, I am getting cleaner and cooler air in my engine. Same for hot days, provides cool ram air effect on the highway.
Better MPG? meh... But it may help me get me a few thousand miles more out of my engine.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right Qball!!! Added a snorkel to my GX and I can't keep my wife off of me!!! 🤣

BAM!!!!

I agree that the GX should avoid puddles at all cost, however the Prado can ford water up to the headlights.

BUT with snorkel you can go a little deeper!

Last edited:
Assuming the Prado is a diesel...

Assuming the Prado is a diesel...

A LOT of them are but a lot of them are petrol too! Some of them even has the same V8 but those are rare. It’s all TD or V6 now and days, only the 200 gets the V8 but most are still TD rest of the world.

Also even the petrol engines will be fine since all the newer ones don’t have distributor and all the eletronics are sealed, the new diesel won’t ford water any deeper than petrol thanks to all to all the electronics. Gone are the pure mechanical Diesel engines that can be fully submerged for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom