aFe Exhasut for GX470 - anyone have it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed this exhaust?

I'm looking for an alternative to the Gibson (which gets mixed reviews for fitment, and drone/noise) and the more expensive Magnaflow. The aFe is $555 on eBay (from a reputable seller where I bought my aFe CAI - it was a legit aFe product and shipped direct from Turn 14). I have an aFe CAI and it seem pretty well made. However, there aren't many reviews on this exhaust outside of Amazon. I'm looking for a bit of rumble but no/limited droning on the highway, along with more clearance, a better look, and a nominal bump in HP/MPG.

Has anyone installed this exhaust?

I'm looking for an alternative to the Gibson (which gets mixed reviews for fitment, and drone/noise) and the more expensive Magnaflow. The aFe is $555 on eBay (from a reputable seller where I bought my aFe CAI - it was a legit aFe product and shipped direct from Turn 14). I have an aFe CAI and it seem pretty well made. However, there aren't many reviews on this exhaust outside of Amazon. I'm looking for a bit of rumble but no/limited droning on the highway, along with more clearance, a better look, and a nominal bump in HP/MPG.

I'll be watching this thread. The exhaust we put on our 470 has so much drone it drives me nuts. My wife seems to either not mind, like it or won't tell me the truth. I'm going to end up replacing it anyway even though on the outside it sounds amazing.

I'll be watching this thread. The exhaust we put on our 470 has so much drone it drives me nuts. My wife seems to either not mind, like it or won't tell me the truth. I'm going to end up replacing it anyway even though on the outside it sounds amazing.
Whats on your GX470? Custom or something else?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the aFe. if it is too loud I'll be out $100 to add a resonator, but at that price it's encroaching Magnaflow territory....and the Gibson exhaust with a added resonator would be ~$450.

Whats on your GX470? Custom or something else?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the aFe. if it is too loud I'll be out $100 to add a resonator, but at that price it's encroaching Magnaflow territory....and the Gibson exhaust with a added resonator would be ~$450.

I just replaced the huge mid-muffler with a Vibrant resonator. I figured the huge factory resonator out back would do a good job and reduce drone with it, but it doesn't. This setup worked ok when I did the same thing on my previous 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V8. I got no drone with that setup, perhaps Chrysler's resonators are a little better. I'm going to install a large Magnaflow muffler on the 460 in place of the factory mid muffler and if that gives me good results i'm going to do the same to the 470 OR if the aFe works out I may do that.

Amazon product ASIN B001804TQC

I just replaced the huge mid-muffler with a Vibrant resonator. I figured the huge factory resonator out back would do a good job and reduce drone with it, but it doesn't. This setup worked ok when I did the same thing on my previous 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V8. I got no drone with that setup, perhaps Chrysler's resonators are a little better. I'm going to install a large Magnaflow muffler on the 460 in place of the factory mid muffler and if that gives me good results i'm going to do the same to the 470 OR if the aFe works out I may do that.

Amazon product ASIN B001804TQC
Unfotrtunately the aFe is temporarily on hold for me. I looked at the pictures a bit more and the tip will not fit with my crummy, non-OEM Curt reciever hitch (which has maybe 0.75" of clearance with the factory, tipliess exhaust). So a OEM trailer hitch (which I wanted anyway because the Curt is ugly and Class III instead of the OEM Class IV) will have to come before the aFe.

I did watch a few YouTube videos of aFe systems in Tundras and 4Runners and the sound seemed perfect...not overly loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom