Wanted Advice Regarding a Specific LC Purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(213, 211, 210)
Hey all, I’m new to the LC scene, and really need some advice regarding a 2006 LC in my area. Seller has it painted in TRD grey, and the exterior/interior look immaculate. It has 226k miles, and the seller wants $16.5.

However, this is a southern car, and the seller sent me some photos of the underside. Would this amount of rust be enough for concern? Is part of the frame broken in the first image? Really appreciate your help!

598E923A-333A-4A94-99F9-6AF7E0C95988.jpeg

AAC31CA7-4294-4AFB-8666-308FD8778389.jpeg

686ABBAF-12AF-4D13-8E40-995E77D2900E.jpeg

Edit: After seeing the pics on my PC and not my phone it's not a southern LC. VA maybe. Something's up with the exhaust as well.

It's not bad but it will need love to prevent further decay.

Last edited:
Hmm, doesn't look like a southern truck to me. I would ask for a Carfax or something to prove it's history. Maybe it originated in Pennsylvania, migrated to the south for a couple years and is now being called a Southern truck.

Caveat Emptor

Maybe someone stole its cats at one time?

Seems like that plastic thing might have been cut, looks like there is a crossmember brace bolted OVER the original one...which was probably cut, and there is some odd band-style-exhaust clamp hanging down.

Hmm, doesn't look like a southern truck to me. I would ask for a Carfax or something to prove it's history. Maybe it originated in Pennsylvania, migrated to the south for a couple years and is now being called a Southern truck.

Caveat Emptor
You’re right, I double checked the VIN and ran it and it came back as having been in PA, then NJ, now it’s in the south haha. Not sure how to feel about it; it seems very nice for a car from PA/NJ, but very poor for a car from the south.

Does 16.5 sound fair to you guys? Or should I keep hunting?

Yeah it's fine for up here, it's not a southern truck. I'd keep looking

Personally, I would keep looking.

Walk… unless the engine is just packed with new parts and perfect care, but based on thes pics, unlikely.

The broken part on the picture is a fiberglass engine under cover No 2. It's much larger than the front engine under cover No 1 made of metal.

Also the center exhaust assembly (a.k.a. muffler) does not look original and already rusty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom